Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

Contest entry scores...

Old 11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Contest entry scores...

Next years contest will include all measurements along with the photo in the contest entry post. It's a new rule being implemented.

I edited my contest entry to include my measurements....

I challenge everyone else to edit their post and include their individual measurements as well.

By doing so this year there will be no confusion next year.

Here is a format you can use.
[/align]
Right ----- Left
MB -----
G1 -----
G2 -----
G3 -----
G4 -----
G5 -----

H1 -----
H2 -----
H3 -----
H4 -----

Inside spread

Abnormal points

I look forward to checking them out [8D]

Once again congrats to everyone and best of luck to those out there still working on it....

Old 11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contest entry scores...

I think that is a great idea. Although I haven't taken anything this year to actually score....[&:]Still working on that....

Many people don't understand how to score at all, so that would be good. This will help folks make sure they score correctly...some are definitely out of whack...in both directions.

People need to remember that you get 4 mass measurements every time regardless of points, and only 4 -- even if you have alot of tines.

Also, NO tip to tip spreadand NOoutside spread.

Good idea Buckeye

Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Many people don't understand how to score at all, so that would be good. This will help folks make sure they score correctly...some are definitely out of whack...in both directions.
I hope it helps everyone out....

Scoring a deer can be confusing with out ever observing an official scorer doing the task.

I see C-Woods-Shoot has edited his entry
Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who cares its for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people take this way to seriously. Hunt for yourself and be happy with what you kill. Does it really matter who wins this contest? NOOOOOOOOO it doesn't!!!!!! I love this site and I love the comraderie, but when it comes down to it I hunt for myself.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who cares its for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people take this way to seriously. Hunt for yourself and be happy with what you kill. Does it really matter who wins this contest? NOOOOOOOOO it doesn't!!!!!! I love this site and I love the comraderie, but when it comes down to it I hunt for myself.

A lot of people care or I wouldn't get the amount of PM's I do about it.....

Yes, it does matter who wins the contest..... and which ever team that may be I am truly happy for them.... If it didn't matter we wouldn't have the contest at all. Ask the teams who won the past couple years if it ment anything to them.....

I would hope you hunt for your self and I can't understand the correlation between the contest entries and whom you hunt or do not hunt for....

[/align]
Old 11-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

For fun or not, if your gonna enter a score it should be right.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I posted my measurements. buckeye, our bucks were so similar. Pretty neat.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, if you post a score it should be ligit. However, no matter what the rules are, if people want to cheat they will cheat. I didn't mean to come across the wrong way. I believe that 99.9 percent of us that participate in the contestare good honest folks and will post the correct score. However, if someone is gonna to fudge a score theywill do itno matter what. This is a contest based on the honor system andhonesty is all we can hope for. It really disturbs me that people would lie about the size of a buck in this contest. Escpecially when its just for braggin rights. Good luck to all.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree, if you post a score it should be ligit. However, no matter what the rules are, if people want to cheat they will cheat. I didn't mean to come across the wrong way. I believe that 99.9 percent of us that participate in the contestare good honest folks and will post the correct score. However, if someone is gonna to fudge a score theywill do itno matter what. This is a contest based on the honor system andhonesty is all we can hope for. It really disturbs me that people would lie about the size of a buck in this contest. Escpecially when its just for braggin rights. Good luck to all.
I think you are right on.... Although I believe the errors in scoring is from not knowing the proper way to score the deer..... Not from adding inches.. I have PMed a few people over the past couple years whos score was lower than it should have been where they made the mistake of leaving some of their measurements out all together. It goes both ways..... This isn't just for the overs but the unders as well.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I've still got my skull/rack intact, at home. I'll post my string of numbers, later. I'll get them over the weekend.

I'm interested in seeing some of these. I think this is a GREAT idea!

Jeff

Quick Reply: Contest entry scores...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.