Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread. >

38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 38 Team Offical Thread.

after today i will get out in the woods, i havent been out much in MN but with the rut in full swingI will be out there. hopefully i will come up with something the put up for the team.

good luck
Old 10-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I can hardly wait for this weekend. My wife is allowing me to spend the entire weekend outdoors ---PAINTING THE HOUSE [:@]
Not to worry, I think the best hunting days are still ahead and this weekend here in KC is too warm for my liking - highs in the upper 60's.

Hey Badshot, I'm glad to see you have your priorities set straight. That 'to-do' list can always wait. I'm sure your son is very proud of his deer too. Thanks for posting the pic showing the great results.
Ohio, very nice doe, certainly freezer quality. Congratulations

I was out last weekend with a friend at his place. Only saw a young doe, buttonbuck, and spike. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where we at, fellas? Anyone hunting any more this season?

I'm kidding.

Think we've sand-bagged long enough? Should we start throwing some points up on the board? We are entering the rut season. Should be good.

Questions for you guys: I'm thinking about rearranging some stands this Saturday. I plan to put in a morning hunt, then move a stand to an area that I think would be good for the rut. This area is only a hundred yards or so from my current stand but given certain wind conditions it would be a great place to set up for the rut. I say that not only for the wind, but because this area is relatively thick cover following a well used doe trail. My question: Is it too dangerously close to the rut to disturb this area? Should I forgo this year and set up in the spring for next season?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Planning to hunt Friday afternoon and all day Saturday and Sunday. Not sure what to tell Badshot about moving a tree stand now. Depends how quick and quiet you can be. Might be the best time since those bucks are letting their guards down.
Badshot, did you see Rob's post regarding the two photo's without bows? He wants you to PM him with your opinion.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

well i am finally getting out. i've been out everyday since sat at least in the am. starting to see lots of does and fawns and watched two spikes go at it the other nite. more humorous than anything. passed on a doe last night due to the fact that taking a doe now will cause turmoil in the area, but gun season opens on sat so there will be plenty of turmoil then. also got a pic of what looks to be a 10 ptr with pretty good length, so hopefully he will start on the does in the area soon. it has been dang cold here all week with 20-30 mph winds out of the NW, that not helping things. things should die down tonite and tommorrow will be the last of the quiet days in the woods.

bob - personally, if i had a good idea of where to put the stand i would definetly do it. i have had many good hunts on new stand locations. the only thing that would worry me would be if this were a bedding area.

good luck to all
Old 11-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

KC - thanks, I saw the post and PMd my votes in.

Good point about the bedding. I know this isn't a bedding area, but rather a travel corridor for does. I've seen good rubs and scrapes in the area in the past, but have never got a stand in there. I'll leave both stands I have now and pick up another stand tomorrow to put in this area. I like that fact that it provides very thick cover and follows a well used doe run. Of course, the thing about more than one location is wondering what's going on at your other stands.

I'll post this on the main bowhunting page too, but I'll ask here too: do any of you guys use a ladder stand? I'm thinking about picking one up, but have never used one before. Are they quiet? Easy to shoot out of?

I'll be out Saturday and Sunday. We have another week and a half (two weekends) before gun starts, so hopefully I can get one down in the next couple of weekends.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I was wrong about the bedding area. Saturday I was poking around where I wanted to put the new stand and bumped a bedded deer. There was only one deer and I couldn't see the head, but I assume it could have been a buck since it was a single deer. I backed out and chose a different location.

This past weekend was a bust for me - didn't see a single deer with the full moon, very little cloud cover, and warm temps on Sunday. They are rutting though - sometime Saturday night a buck put in a fresh scrape - under my tree!. At least I'm in the right spot.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys sorry I've been away for so long. I've been out in PA and here in ny for the past 10days straight. Me and rick james managed to put 3 on the ground. I took a huge doe on tuesday morn and matt took a 6pt to complete the double for us on that day.
I'm sorry to say but the bow season closes here on friday and I'm not going to get a chance to get out again. There is a late season but it's muzzleloader as well and they are very spookey by that time of year.
So I have to say that this is all I could come up with for our team this year. I havent measured him yet but I doubt that he'll go over 50inches but I guess everybit helps hun?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don, congratulations and don't apologize for any deer taken with a bow. Your in the minority, look at the statistics, 410 members and your only the 70th buck taken.....you did good.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, we are on the board!!!! Congrats! Like Rob said, any deer taken with a bow is awesome.

Over the past two weekends I've put in seven hunts - and have seen NO deer. Not one. Well, I take that back, on a couple of occassions (like last night) I pulled back into my drive way to see deer in my garden not 80 yards from my house. Why are they in my yard rather than in the woods 400 yards away where they are supposed to be? Word is out I guess that I'm not messing around this year. Crazy deer.

Quick Reply: 38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.