Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Season opens Oct. 1st here in Illinois. Weather has been very cool for this time of year and really has me itching to get out in the woods.

Hope everybody has a good Labor Day weekend. I will be away from the computer on a camping trip.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

O2b- That is an awesome pic, looks magazine quality!!

Our season opens Oct. 1st. I picked up the cam from the woods on my days off and only got 4 pics, but all of them were during shooting hours which is nice. I got what looks like a young 8pt and a 4 or 6 following. The 8 has four on one side and 3 with slight split brow. He only looks to be about year and a half. I will try and post the pic, but it will bea scanned image since I only have a 35mm cam. I am looking to upgrade to a digital, they have a cheap 2.1 on sale for like 79.99 so I might just give her a whirl.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Ite622, Rob/PA has started a thread at the top asking team captains if they have any MIA's. We might want to let him know we have one no show, Little Yellowjacket.
Hope everyone else is still with us as there hasn't been much activity on our thread lately.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:11 PM

just let him know
Old 09-04-2006, 08:18 PM

posting because ive got the itch for season to start have a couple of does that will be goin down for sure the first few weeks but by my spot none of the bucks are old enough or big enough to take yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM

Here is a blood arrow to go with Team Lungbusters. Well I hope it works??

Old 09-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Luckybuck, are you trying to drive us insane??? Our season doesn't open for 25 more days, not that I am keeping track! I have to work on the opener so I will not be going out until the 2nd.

I am still going to post the trailcam pics that I got of the 8.

Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I went out this weekend to check my moultrie game cam. I had hung it by a tripod feeder that I had set up. Well, I couldn't believe it but somebody stole it!!They left the feeder but took the camera. I just set it up last weekend and It's already gone. The neighboring property is several hundered yards away and I can't believe someone would be that far up into our property at this time of the year. Its been really hot and the ticks and chiggers are thick. I had another cam hanging on a major game trail about 150 yards away and it was very visible but nobody messed with it. Pics didn't turn out on that one, I think the photolab may have messed something up. They said the film was "fogged". Never had that happen before. Anyway, I talked to the property owner and he said that he'd keep a close watch for people sneeking in. There's only one property owner that borders on that side and he has lots of people hunting his ground. Only thing I can figure is that somebody might have spotted the feeder from his fenceline (his fenceline is about 400 yards across an open pasture) and decided to check it out, saw my cam and decided to help themselves to it. I'm sure I'll never catch them, but It won't be good for anybody I catch trespassing on our property. I Hope this never happens to any of you.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

John Deer, sorry to here about your game cam. I know it doesn't get your camera back, but I'm sure the low life that stole it will get some of his own medicineback in return some how or another.

I think Luckybucks bloody arrow would make a good team logo.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

John Deer- sorry about your cam. I had the first treestand that I ever bought stolen and I know the feeling of losing something that way. I was 19 and it might not seem like alot, but to come up with that 80 bucks or so for the lok-on stand I had to make some sacrafices. I had hunted on private property we leased the 14th of Oct. gun season runs from the 15th to the 30th. Well I don't hunt gun so I set out Dec. 1st and find no stand. I found boot prints and was able to follow them about 400yds in the fading snow (we got some rain), but I never found out who took it. Now that I think back on it I am gladI never found out who took it because in my youth I am pretty sure I would have done things that would have had severe consequences. It still makes your blood boil to be violated like that.

Chris

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.