HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2006 Deer Hunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2006-deer-hunting-contest-79/)
-   -   13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2006-deer-hunting-contest/152885-13-team-lung-busters-official-thread.html)

lte_622 08-21-2006 12:20 PM

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

hi all team 13 members looking forward to meeting yall im signing in from the lone star state

Team 13

126. C-WOODS-SHOOT
77. O2bhntn
305 HUNGAR
106. SW Iowa Hunter
25. lte_622
119. John Deer
340. Little Yellowjacket
202. MK-M-GOBL
27. ilovehunting
Alt Luckybuck

John Deer 08-21-2006 12:26 PM

RE: 13-Team Official Thread

Checking in from northeast Oklahoma. Really looking forward to contributing to the team this year. I'll be hunting some oak hardwoods and also some thick brush country bucks. We took 3 bucks last year off our property, 2 in the mid 140's and one in the mid 120's. We let a bunch of young ones walk. Should be plenty of shooters this year. How about the rest of you?

lte_622 08-21-2006 12:40 PM

Heres the list of everyone else who needs to sign in.
John nice to have you aboard

C-WOODS-SHOOT
O2bhntn
HUNGAR
SW Iowa Hunter
Little Yellowjacket
MK-M-GOBL
ilovehunting
Luckybuck

HUNGAR 08-21-2006 05:10 PM

Hello team 13, HUNGAR checking in. My name is Chris and I will be hunting in Michigan where I am from. Found one decent shed this year about 50yds from one of my stands, I would like toput him on our score sheet this year. The shed measured like 43". I will do the majority of my hunting in this area and I have one trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, no out of state hunts this year and I didn't get drawn for the Federal hunt.

Personel info- I am 34, married with 3 kids (Hunter 8, Garhet 6, and Hailee 1 month). I only bowhunt and get out about 45-50 times a season. Our season in MI runs from Oct. 1st to Jan 1st, with gun season starting on Nov. 15th and going until Nov. 30th. My biggest buck so far is a messed up 8pt. I have been fortunate enough to harvest atleast one deer with my bow for thepast 16yrs, but will try to be more selective this year. I shoot a Mathews Q2XL, Nitro Stinger Arrows, with Muzzy 100's, Drop Zone rest.

Good hunting to all my teammates!

Chris

C-WOODS-SHOOT 08-21-2006 07:31 PM

Hello fellow teammates. My name is Craig, I'm 36,andmarried with 3 kids. I live in east central Illinois and I have hunted this area since I was in high school. I'm looking forward to many great hunting stories and hopefully some pictures of trophies.

HUNGAR 08-22-2006 04:20 PM

Way too closeto the bottom so I am bumping us up!

I put out a game cam today in a new area so hopefully I will have some pics to show off next week or so. I really need to invest in a new cam, mine is an old stealth. I think the activation time on these gets worse as the years go on. Testing it today I couldn't get it to trigger past 10 feet, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

This is a small 80 behind the house(40 on each side of the road) that holds alot of does. I've hunted it before and it's been does up til the end of Oct. then the bucks start showing up. Three years ago I didn't see a buck until Nov 1st and then I didn't see a doe until I shot the 8th buck I seen on Nov. 6th. Last year I seen a 5 and a 7 opening day and not another buck until Oct. 28, an 8pt messing around with a doe which I was able to harvest. Houses all around the perimeter, but I have seen some great rut action here and have had real good success with the lil'can call. I pulled a solid 130 class buck to 12yds, but only came to the right ofmewhere I had no shot. Saw him once more after I tipped the can and grunted (I grunt and tip the can at the same time) HS tru talker. I had a nice 7 coming in and he did some leaps and bounds and was chasing him through the woods and out of my life.

Sorry to ramble on, but I like replaying hunts like these.

Chris

C-WOODS-SHOOT 08-22-2006 07:12 PM

I know its still early, but i'm wondering where everyone else on our team is. I hope their out scouting the buck of a lifetime.

Anyone have an idea for a team name? Maybe something that relates to our unlucky team number. I've gave it some thought but have'nt come up with anything good yet.

Woodline Bucks 08-23-2006 09:44 AM

I just thought I would let you guys know that I informed SW Iowa Hunter that the teams were drawn. He was thinking it was going to be the first of September, as did I. He has been busy at work and should be checking in with ya in the next couple of days. I am his brother-in-law, and we hunt together in SW Iowa. Good luck to you all, hope you don't mind finishing second.

HUNGAR 08-23-2006 02:30 PM

Thanks Woodline for the heads up.

C-WOODS, you are correct we need a team name and a captain. I nominate lte 622 if hes willing since he got the ball rolling and is keeping track of our check-ins. For team names people could just enter something on here and in a week or so we could vote what we thought was the best.

lte_622 08-23-2006 05:23 PM

ill gladly accept the offer hungar and we do need to put some thought into our team name.