Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:19 AM

Default RE: 13-Team Official Thread

Got more time to post today. Alittle about myself, I am 34 years old have hunted just about everything in Iowa since I was 6 years old. Took one trip out west for antelope and mule deer but mostly around home.

I sell farm equipment and have access to a large number of acres that are privately owned from the farmers I work with.

Bow, muzzleloader hunt, and 3-d archery shoot. Hunt with brother-in-law Woodline Bucks in SW Iowa. We have about 10 to 13 stands a year out with alot of back up areas if we need to move them around and a climber if need be. Last year was the first year without a buck for the bow in a long time but changed jobs right as season started and just didn't see anything big enough to shoot.

We set trail cams out every year and don't have anything nice on film yet but got a couple 120 to 140 class spotted as a back up plan. Last year we had 12 pope and young spotted before season. This year they are hiding in the corn alittle more I think.

Killed pope and young bucks in 2 of the last 3 years so will be waiting for something nice.

We own a taxidermy shop and live to hunt.

Looks like a great team with all the areas we are covering.

Jeremy
Old 08-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Hope everythings OK O2bhntn, we need that VA buck Glad to see we are almost all checked in.

SW Iowa Hunterit sounds like you have some SWEET opportunities. I wish I had that many places to hunt. I work with a guy that is headed to Iowa to hunt with Steel Creek Outfitters this year. I think he is going a little early (third week of Oct.) to catch the rut though.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dear SW Iowa Hunter,
Thank you for visiting the Team 12 post. Your kind words gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. However you left before I could ask you a little about yourself. First, are you the same SW Iowa Hunter from Team 19 last year? Oh you are, that is very interesting because I think you might want to check with the Mod's about the typo on your teams scoring from the last contest. It says you guys had 44 1/2 points, none of which were from your deer because they must have forgot to add yours in or something because it was a big empty blank where the score should have been. Anyway instead of looking for competition, maybelooking for some bucks wouldprove helpfulful. I always heard they had big bucks in Iowa but I guess not in the SW area. Second,were the P&Y bucks you talked about taking involved in some form of Farm Equipment accident? And if so is that why you couldn't count them? Anyway this is all in jest I actually wish you and your team good luck and straight shooting!!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like we're taking some smack talk already!! Anyway, I just got a new bow a couple of weeks ago. I picked uptheDiamond Justice made by Bowtech. I've been really satisfied with how it performs. Smooth drawing and shooting, and blistering fast. I've been shooting for the last week every evening. I'm really happy with the groups I'm shooting already. Now I just need to get that oldbuck to step out there and give me an oppurtunity. Also, I'll be going out to check my Moultrie 2.1this weekendand hopefully will have some pics to share.

Here's a pic of my setup http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.SceneSeven?hvarTextId=79793&hvarSource Name=images2/94500/94613b.jpg&hvarType=0&hvarLinkEnabled=fals e
Old 08-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Great to see we almost have a full team.
Some one asked about hunting setups so here is mine.

Darton Rampage set at 58# and 28" draw.
Carbon Express Terminator 60/75 arrows with 4" vanes and 100 grain Slick Tricks adding up to a whopping 460 grains.
Trophy Ridge three pin sight.
HTM drop away rest.
Gorilla hang on stands.
Lone Wolf climber.
ASAT camo.

I hunt public land and see alot of does all season. The bigger bucks don't usually show themselves until the rut. Just as someone stated in an earlier post, I also will be holding out for adecent buck. My definition of decent is Pope & Young or bigger.

As far as the name goes, I'm not picky so whatever everyone else likes is fine with me.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:48 AM

Yes I did visit the Team 12 post yesterday Thought I might fire them up alittle bit. Looks like it worked.

Hungar I would have to say the third week in October is usually alittle early. This year should have alot more of the crop out than most years and that should help. Tell him good luck.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:20 AM

so guys are we gonna stick with The Lungbusters ?????
Old 08-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Laramy lte!

Just want to wish you all the luck in the world bud .I'm on team 8 this season and it sure look's like your gonna need all the luck we can muster up for ya LOL [smack]

nubo
Old 08-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Ite 622- The name sounds good to me. I see alot of the other teams already have their team name so I think we should use it before someone else does.

I put up two stands this weekend in my two favorite spots. Looked like alot of sign in both areas. I still need to check a few more areas that I will use my climber in. Season starts Oct. 1st here in IL so it won't be long now!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

we need now is an avatar

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.