Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

C-WOODS, great looking buck!! Just saw that over in the scoreboard thread. He's been fighting. Glad to see you connected! I knew it was just a matter of time before we started to put some deer down. I'm off all next week, so I feel confident I will make something happen. I can't wait to hear the story on your hunt.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:26 PM

C-Woods, nice buck man cant wait to hear the story
Old 11-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

nice buck C-WOODS!

I put pics of mine up still have to edit in a score. I will do that tonight when I get home.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys and congratulations HUNGAR on your buck. I've been hunting hard since Sat morning plus getting the deer to the processor so I haven't had time to post. I used the tarsal glands off the doe I shot earlier in the year to bring him in. I posted the story in the bowhunting section.Saturday was a very good day in the woods.In the morning I had a doe bring what appeared to be a 3 1/2 year old past me at 15 yards. He had a great looking 5 points on one side and the other side wasbroke offabout an inch up from the base.It made me sick to have to pass him up but I did. Not far behind was a fork horn just tagging along for the show I guess. About ten minutes later another buck was walking perpendicular to the path of the previous deer and when he hit the trail they were on he immediately turned and started coming my direction. He also came by at 15 yards. He was a smaller6 point so I passed. That was all I would see in the morning. I went to a different location in the afternoon and that is when I shot my buck. His rack is a little busted up, but I guess I just got tired of passing up good bucks.I'm definately satified with him, but I'm going to continue to hunt this week since Illinois is a two buck state. Good luck to everyone else.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Come on team 13, me and C-WOODS are pulling for you guys!!!

Gun season is upon us in MI until Dec. 1st, I will be taking the bow out 20th and 21st and be going to the UP bowhunting the 27th to Dec. 1st. Then, some late season archery close to home.

Good luck guys,

Chris
Old 11-20-2006, 01:13 PM

been out hunting hard but have only had little bucks by me. Have had chances at everything from 40 to 100 inches but nothing nice by the tree so far. Will have 4 days over Thanksgiving to hunt so hopefully that will help.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:40 PM

hopefully will bag and tag one for us soon guys got a good spot to hunt again theirs a pretty decent cull buck that i will take given the opportunity
Old 11-30-2006, 12:41 PM

hopefully will bag and tag one for us soon guys got a good spot to hunt again theirs a pretty decent cull buck that i will take given the opportunity
Old 12-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Go get um lte 622. I am just starting the late season here in MI and I hope to take my son with me to fill a doe tag.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Good to see some guys are still hunting. Now that the gun seasons are over here in Illinois I'm going to get back out and go after some does. How about the rest of you we haven't heard from in a while, are you still hunting or have you hung up the bow until next year?

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.