Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread >

33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 AM

Default RE: 33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

I finally started seeing some bucks this weekend. The big guys were moving around in the 10-2 timeframe. The movement is starting to heat up.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well time for a report........no bucks......I hunted 4 evenings this past week and the first two times I didn't see anything on my stand but jumped deer on the way in and out. The third time out I "PIPED" a big doe. I saw three deer all together. The last time out I didn't see anything until the last 5 minutes.....I saw a deer walking 45 yards away....it was going to pass so I grunted once.......that deer immidetly turns and in about 20 seconds it was 8 yards from me......a doe!

A buddy called me tonight and he "PIPED" a 150" 10 pointer tonight. I can't wait to see that one tomarrow!

Good Luck and get out there.....we need some points!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

I think the bucks in my area have vanished. Im still giving it 100%, but would love to see some antler...
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

First time out tonite - pheasant opener was this weekend and I think that really screwed with the activity. Sat from 5:15 until 7:30...not a single deer. Gonna give it a night (cant hunt tomorrow - weaning calves) and try er again wednesday. Hopefully get some meat in the freezer so I can look for horns later.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everybody is starting to get out........its time boys.....its time! Let's hit it hard and put some inches on the board.

Good Luck!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Yes its time I can feel it in the air. I gotta make something happen. Its time to start hanging tarsal glands and some tinks 69. Been cooling off here and its time for pre rut. Im pumped, now just to get the deer to react... Good luck to all my fellow team members...
Old 10-25-2006, 06:35 PM

Been hunting every chance I have. Passed on several young eight points one that was 3.5 would of grossed about 125, but he just didnt have the age I like. This last weekend it was raining here and cooled down alot, I saw two young bucks doing a little sparring so I rattled some sunday evening and had 4 bucks come in one was 5 years old big bodied 8 but only had about a 14 inch inside spread I considered taking him just because I know for a fact he was the dominant buck in that area, and I have 2.5 year olds with twice the rack he has, but passed casue it was getting late. This weekend I plan to hunt a spot I havent hunted this year yet so hopefully the big boy will grace me with his presence.

Tanner
Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 AM

My vacation starts monday and doesn't get over until thanksgiving. I will be in the woods everyday. Hope I can score.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:20 PM

Hey guys

These last couple weeks I have been having bad luck. The deer in my main spot with the freak have totally vanished a couple weeks ago. Today I found out that a couple people tried to put a blind in their main bedding area to the north of me. [:@]
I have been now roaming in the 1000's of acres I can hunt in but have nothad a buck walk by me for quite a while. Duck and geese hunters have screwed up pretty much everything inour area. I know the bucks are somewherebut finding them could be pretty hard. The bucks are waiting until dark to move right now.

I went out tonight and only had a doe and fawn walk by but I did find a deer antler walking to my spot. On Saturday Iam going to go late season shed hunting in slews that have dried up in our area. I have never shed hunted in October before until this year. I am hoping to find the sheds from last year off a 4 x 4 that we call ( dagger ) hence my name dagger buck 2. We have not seen him this year so we do not know if he has left our area for bigger better things because he has been the dominant buck in the farm for the last three years or else died from some cause. Don't know.

That night I will be hunting. I don't know where I am going to hunt yet.

Everyone good luck and safe hunting.

Tyler

Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 AM

I was at the bow shop last night, a guy brought in a buck to be weighed. It weighed 260 lbs. FIELD DRESSED. Not kidding, seen it with my own eyes.

Quick Reply: 33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.