Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread >

33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:47 PM

Default RE: 33- Team Official Thread

It's hard to explain in writing the excitement of a gator hunt. If you ever get a chance to do this GO.(if you want to go I cantell ya who to call). This is one of the most awesome experiances I've had. I used a harpoon. I was going to use my bow until we decided to fly down. The airline only allows so much weight, and I wanted to bring back as much meat as possible. A buddy and me went down their and both scored. Mine was 8 1/2 and his was a 9 1/2. We saw some bigger ones. We did get close to a 11-12 footer. When he came out of the water It looked like a jeep comin at ya. It was wild. There aren't too many things more fun you can do in the dark.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like yas had a good time Riverbottom. I wouldnt mind trying it at least once. Ive never eaten gator. Whats it like???
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 AM

I'll give ya one guess.

Thats right----chicken.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:27 PM

How's everybody doing?

Things have been slow here. I haven't been able to get out because the spot I hunt during the week the wind is wrong. The last time I went out was Sunday and I sat where there is at least 3 140 class bucks. I sat closer to where they come out and feed in the CRP but nowtheyare not even coming out into the CRP and our heading directly to thegreened up barley. Iam going to sit in the slew they walk by but the wind would just blow into where they are bedding. Hoping the wind would switch around to the west and then it would be perfect.

Is anybodys bowhunting season start this weekend. I think dusters season starts this weekend in Wisconsin.

Tyler
Old 09-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

I still have a couple weeks yet until season starts. Hope its a good one this year. I wish everyone a safe and great hunting season. Ive got the Oneida tuned up and ready to go. The Viper is ready to go. hehehe I'll be in a ladder stand opening day. Anyway I hope to get one as soon as possible. Good luck everyone...
Old 09-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

Season starts the 23rd here in SD - still have yet to see a decent buck - been mostly does - but its hard to get anything terribly close to ya when youre sittin in a tractor. Hope to get some good scoutin in in the next week or two so when October hits and she gets a lil colder Im ready to go.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys.........the MN season is under way! It rained on and off all day and I didn't get out yet. Hopefully later this week. I'll keep giving reports as I hunt......Later and Good Luck!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Ok guys...........who's hunting now? Anyone seeing anything? MN season has opened........I haven't been out yet.......but hope to soon!

Good Luck!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

Couple days yet here until season starts - rain this weekend will prolly keep most people inside - Spotted the first horns of the year a couple days tonite and spotted a nice buck on my way home from my sisters place a few minutes ago. Gonna try to get some permission to hunt that spot pretty quick here. Should be a good thing if everything comes together.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:21 PM

Hey everyone...
Haven't replied lately but have been checking the thread frequently.

Cloud

It is too bad that you haven't been able to get out. That first weekend of your deer season most of the rain was in Minnesota instead of ND. We got lucky.But then you did not.

I have been hunting every chance I get. To make a long story short I have been seeing bucks, bucks, andmore bucks but no shooters in my shooting lane.

I have been seeing 15 - 20 bucks a night in my weekday spot. I have passed on close to 15 different bucks this week which one was a very nice 3 1/2 year old 5 x 5. Probably would score around 135. He has good tine length but still needs another year to get better mass and improve on his G2's.

There is a buck therethat I would like to shoot. He will probably not score as good as the 5 x 5 but he is a year older and kills the other bucks in sparring matches. He is somewhat a freak. His one side will go over 60 but the other will lucky to go 50. Is weak side is a wannabee 5 that goes up really high and then curves in. The other side is a 5 and it has good mass and is tall. Kind of a neat looking buck. I had himabout 20 yards away from me on Tuesday but he never gave me an opportunity for a shot. He was fighting with another buck and before they got in my shooting lane someone fired off a couple shots with a shotgun about a mile away. For some reason it made them nervous and they ran back in their bedding area.

I will be hunting this weekend unlessmy dad and I get drowned out with rain, but they are talking pretty decent weather so it should be good.

Tyler

P.S. It should also be good as far as no rain for Cloud too so am expecting a buck on the ground for our team.

Quick Reply: 33- Team "Full Draw" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.