Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM

Default RE: Team 27 Official Thread

Well Its good to see ya Mike!! Hey some guys have more time then others when it comes to the computer, I find myself going in spirts sometimes too. And buy your post it looks like you like the team name and aviater too!! Well anyways welcome aboard and glad to see ya!! Also do ya have any pics to share?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:30 PM

Just got back from Dove hunting. Going to try for a good buck too, but I don't have any tied to the tree yet.Got an empty freezer and three doe tags, going after meat too.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:14 AM

When you say you don't have any tied to the tree yet do you mean doves or deer? Sorry may sound stupid but I have seen guys hang the birds on the side of trees for the pics. I don't know if I will go for dove this year. With my shots to kill ratio its to expensive!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:29 PM

I ment a big buck, I'm going out next Saturday for my one and only look at the place I'll be hunting the opening weekend. I don't like scouting this close, but I just got permission to hunt the land. Going to concentrait on long range scouting, hoping to keep from disterbing it too much. Trust me my shot to kill on doves wasn't good. Wal-mart had a sale on dove ammo, $2.50 a box.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:17 AM

Not sure if anyone has said it yet but when does everyones season start? Mine here in Ohio will not start until September 30th. Hope to get a ground blind set up this week for my dad to hunt out of, getting kinda late and need to get on it.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ours here in Tx is also Sept. 30th. I'm good to go with all my stands. My problem is staying out of the woods now. I don't want to mess things up although I really want to hog hunt for a warm up. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time to kill hogs after I get BIG BOY!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season in VA starts 10/7, and in WV 10/14.
I am way behind schedule this year...normally I would already have all my stands up, etc. That's ok....I'll still do fine. I'm starting to get siked up.

I just hope that ourteam participates 'as a team'. I'm sure some folks will take some nice deer, and some will take smaller deer. Either way, whatever we get as a whole, is how we win this thing. My goal is to shoot a nice one...and hopefully I will. I was a team captain last year and we actually had 2 members that killed deer (1 over 140") and never even registered them on the official score thread. ??? Even after numerous pm's to them, they still didn't do it. Glad to see those folks are not on my team this year. They seemed like nice enough guys, but I don't know why anyone would sign up for a contest....take an animal that qualifies for it, then not even register it.

A bunch of deer is how we win---not just a few whoppers. 10-- 80' bucks will take it. For the last few years, the teams that won had numerous kills. All we need is everyone to do their best, and we'll do fine

Good luck guys!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:56 PM

September 10- November 30. Mule and whitetail BUCKS.(meaning anything with antlers)
Old 09-04-2006, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: txrookie

My problem is staying out of the woods now. I don't want to mess things up
Ditto on that! My Cuddeback calls my name and I just cant resist!!

Old 09-04-2006, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Either way, whatever we get as a whole, is how we win this thing. My goal is to shoot a nice one...and hopefully I will. I was a team captain last year and we actually had 2 members that killed deer (1 over 140") and never even registered them on the official score thread. ??? Even after numerous pm's to them, they still didn't do it. Glad to see those folks are not on my team this year. They seemed like nice enough guys,
That would be just plain BS!! If someone did that and Rob was the leader last year and he knows about it then he should not even let them be in it this year!! I do not think I would be able to handle that!

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.