Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread >

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Here he is in velvet back in July I believe. Twenty yards from my Dads ladder stand!

Old 09-22-2006, 08:08 PM

Looking good! Hope he stays around!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:12 PM

Also forgot to ask. But do you do alot of hunting with your dad? This year I turned thirty and last year was my first year hunting with my dad since I was a kid. I was able to get him to go out a couple times last year and I think it was enough to relite his fire. This year I bought a stand for him and he is really pumped now. I think he is looking at my ground blind now so I may have to do some deals!
Old 09-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to hunt with him during rifle season as he does not archery hunt. Spring gobbler season we are together a little more but I can almost never get him a gobbler! He goes alone and kills one almost everytime!!!!LOL

My son, Dad and me a couple years ago. I was actually with him when he shot this one...

Old 09-23-2006, 05:11 PM

I hunt wit my dad alot but Iam also only 19 but I also hunt alot with my buddies.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea I used to hunt with my buddies for years and left Dad alone. Now I am making it up to him. He never had the drive that I had to hunt every day. So I guess he did not mind. I am now taking my 14 year old nephew with me more as he is getting into it big time. He missed his first two Gobblers last year with me...Hopefully he will be able to redeem himself this archery season! He is shooting pretty good for his first year.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK............1 and a wake up! Weather should be perfect for my best stand. And I'll be alone on our 400 acre lease. My brother in law will be at work at the firehouse. My wife knows I'll be gone all weekend except to sleep. (until I score anyway!). My lease is 20min from home. My plan for Sat AM is to wake at 4:30 eat breakfast, pack lunch and snacks,shower and head out. All my gear will be loaded Friday night. Drive 20 minutes park 200yds inside the gate, dress out and gear up, walk 1/2 mile to best stand, kill big buck shortly after sunrise, thank God and head home. How about ya'll?
Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 PM

I'm not quite that close to my hunting area. I'm going to drive 3 hours to camp Friday night, sleep,get up,get dressed and hike the mile or so to my blind (in the dark). At sun rise kill a deer. Hopefully a nice buck, but a doe would go nicely in my empty freezer.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am taking my 14 year old nephew for his first bow hunt. He will spend the sleepless nite at my house and we will be up early! Eat a breakfast, showerand walk out back or drive to a spot not five minutes from here, depending on the wind. We will aslo be dressing outside of the house or truck. Using some sort of scent suppressent like dead downwind or scent shield. Hoping for at least a doe to give him an oppurtunity.
I need a video camera!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:38 PM

Good luck all. My friend took a 2x2 mulie buck 2 nites ago with his rifle. SO deer are startin to move a lil.

Quick Reply: 27- Team "Antler Anarchists" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.