Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread >

8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 8- Team Official Thread

Our main man will supply one shortly. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:53 PM

Man, I tell ya'll what! Ya'll do well in my absence! I thought I was gonna have to call for backup last night.....Sir Spike A Lot was hittin on all 8....LOL....get it? Hittin on all 8?? ha hahahah.....nevermind.....anyway....

I pm'd Rob to edit our thread to reflect our name....Spelled correctly, mind you.....Big Buck Assassins.....If this causes a problem, PLEASE let me know, and I'll make the change. Haven't really heard anyone say any different, so that's what we're going with.

Ok.....if we can keep all the refugees out of our base camp for a day or two, how about some intro's? My name is Don, and obviously I am from Missouri. Now, I have to add that because Rob still doesn't understand that....(SMACK!) Season opens Sept 15, and with the help of some new camo and extensive instruction from a fellow HNI member, I am more excited this year than I ever have. I'll be going out probably Tuesday evening and setting a blind on a feeding area next to a bedding area, and as long as the wind is perfect, I'll be hunting there opening day.

I have a BEAUTIFUL wife and 3 children. My oldest son is 15 and he lives to hunt. He's a regular killer I tell ya! My oldest daughter is 9, the youngest daughter is 8. My 9 y/o is driving me bonkers with the desire to hunt deer this year, so I'll be taking her a few times w/ my Matrix and we'll see if we can get er done!! She loves shooting her bow, and I fully expect her to be hunting next fall. She just isn't ready this year yet. Anyway, that's that. I appreciate ya'll for being here, and I look forward to lots of fun, as it already has been. I leave you w/ this.......

YOU BEEN......THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:59 PM

Thanks Rob.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, no problem mo but I have to confess, I couldn't stop laughing the whole time I was typing "Big Buck" assassins...LOL...big bucks...lol
Old 08-25-2006, 07:23 PM

Don't worry, my friend.....if you think postive too, someday, SOMEDAY.....you'll be THIS good.....Hey, if you need some instruction this fall, please feel free to hop on in here. We'll be more than happy to help you w/ your struggles!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

My name is Mike and i will be hunting in monroe county illinois. This will only be my 3rd year deer hunting and my second year bowhunting. So you could call me a rookie, but i don't feel anything like it. With all the knoledge i have gained on this site over the past year, i feel like i've been bowhunting for 10 years.
I have7 stands hung on about 140 acres of land i have access to. I'll be putting my last stand up probably tommorow in a funnel that connects about 150 acres of woods. Once i get a southwest wind in the rut i feel like it could be a dynomite position. Last year which was my first year bowhunting, i connected with this buck that you see in my avator. Yea i guess you could call it begginers luck.I still thank God everyday for that buck, because that buck is what got me hooked onbowhunting for life.
I feel really good about this year and i'll be sure to give 110% effort for our team.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Site Buck Guru

Hi Guys,

As you can tell, my name is Greg. I've been bowhunting since 1966 when I was 10. I started hunting for mature bucks in 1991. I've done OK, I've taken 14 that go from 120 to 180. 7 P&Ys. I hunt in Ill. and Wis. This is my first contest ever. I really only compete against the deer, but this contest sounded like fun thought I'd give it a try. My #1 hobby is bowhunting so I had taken up competitive archery back in the '90s. It was a family thing. My GF has won state indoor and still has the record. My son is 2 time state champ. I've taken 2nd and 3rd in the state and best of all, my son and I both took 3rd in the nationals our first time there. I used to shoot for HCA and SAP. Now I shoot for fun. Good luck to all and have fun.
Greg
Old 08-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Greg I hope your back is strong cuz brotha you're gonna be carrying this team!

Old 08-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Yep greg you will need help carry 10 nice bucks from the woods.

Charles here I get a ton of bow hunting in. I am a stay at home dad for at least 30 or 40 weeks. Just got a bone tumber removed. So I will hold out for a nice one.I will get to hunt MT,KS and TX this year.Some where I should get a shot at a good one.

I have at least 2 more weeks befor I can walk to hunt and more to climb in a tree.

Good luck to all Charles
Old 08-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Guy's!

I certainly don't have the credential's that some of our teammate's have ,but I'm definately worthy of being here on this team ,hopefully I'll be able to score large this season. I've been bowhunting for about 8 year's now and have taken some decent animal's in the past .
My name is John and I'm 47 year's old and bowhunting is my passion .I'll be heading out in the morning for a 4 day bear hunt with my good buddy TerryM and Dave L of North Bay ,he called today to tell me that my bearbait has been getting trashed from the bear's this week ,so thing's are certainly looking good for this week.
I have a lovely wife of 12 years and 2 children Hayley 12 and a son Jared 9 ,who is chomping at the bit to go hunting with dad .My kid's have both been shooting a compound for the past 3 and 4 year's and mightI add can shoot very well ,so I can't wait till they accompany me into the deer wood's here in Ontario .
I've just returned from a weekend of camping and now am packing my bag's for the bear hunt tomorrow. So I won't be around for a few day's ,hopefullyI'll return withsome great pic's to share with you's all.

Take care everyone and I'll speak to you all real soon.
I must say the name is going to suit us just perfect this season ,because with the guy's we haveon our team thisseason ,it sure look's like we have a real good chance of cleaning up on this contest .

nubo

Quick Reply: 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.