Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread >

8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 8- Team Official Thread

Still here just checking in
Old 09-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 8- Team Official Thread

Wish you lot's of luck Mo ,bring us back some good pic's as well.
I'm going to check out some of my hunting spot's this weekend ,just to see which one I'm going to hit first .

nubo
Old 09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

No reasion to give hillbilly to much crap he can drag a mean elk HEHE.Kinda wish he was there agin this year so he could pack mine and the wifes elk out of then there hills [ wupps hillbilly talk there] Hopefully nest year we can hunt the same campSSS agin.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Team 8

Could someone please let me know who your captian is , just post your reply in the ( Who's your team captian ) thead in this forum.
I'm trying to make a list thank you.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:22 PM

Well team, opening day has come and gone. This morning I saw a 140 class 10 pt, but I was on public ground and some yahoo decided 7:30 in the morning would be a good time to finally walk in to his stand......ruined that one for me, thanks pal!

Anyway, saw several deer today, all does save the buck I just mentioned....I'm gonna regret admitting this, I know, but I missed a turkey....oh well, the camo worked great! Sorry, didn't get any pictures, we were hard at it all day. I walked up on a flock of birds in an old logging road and just knelt down right there. At one point, I had birds 5 yards away, and until I finally got a 30 yard shot at one, with limbs, weeds, trees, and AIR in the way, oh yeah, a 75 mph crosswind didn't help either...see the excuses mounting here...[&:][8D][&o][&o][&o]

Anyway, there were around 20 in the flock, and until I shot, they had NO idea what so ever that I was there. The Enigma did it's job very well. Gotta take Saturday morning off to wash my stuff and put everything back together, but I've got the perfect wind to hunt my blind set up I've been excited about. I'll hunt it Saturday evening and Sunday morning, and w/ the big cold front coming in, I think those 2 days should be spot on.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like a great hunt mobo, hope you have some good luck in the next couple of days!

Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mobo!

I guess that you can't say your day was uneventfull.but you at least had some sort of action ,we all can't expect to go into the wood's and take the big boy first morning .I'm sure you'll see him again and maybe next time it'll be under better condition's. Good luck

nubo
Old 09-18-2006, 10:45 PM

Well fellerz.....put a big fat doe in the freezer tonight. Very exciting hunt. What I am most proud of is the shot. Absolutely perfect! Double lung, and cut the aorta. She ran 50 yards, story in the bowhunting forum, but here's a pic for ya!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go!! Meat for the freezer for sure. Looks like a very clean shot as well. Great execution.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Way to start the season off mobo... thats one great doe. Then enigma camo looks great also

Quick Reply: 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.