Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

germ...definently keep shootin...good tip. i shot on sunday. lets just say i didnt loose my touch shot my THIRD arrow[:@] figure i would quit shooting more then one arrow. i was 25yds away and walking around the backyard shooting angles and stuff on my cardboard 3d(didnt have cash for a 3d this year) first one perfect hit. second one..broadhead ran down the 1st shaft! i think thats how so many carbons blow up. guys hit them and dong know it. it was barely visible but i KNEW i hit it. oh well...i need some ACCs next year...now i got a reason to buy them lol.

today i was sneaking into my spot and the woods were ALIVE. i cant say for sure they were deer but they sure sounded like deer. i dont know anything else that sounds like that..sounded like a nice group spread out. let them pass and snuck to where i thought the scrape was i found last week. heard MORE "deer" got light and i noticed i was nowhere near where i thought i was. the road and trail go at diffrent angles and it threw me way off. soo i figured id stay there..looked good. then 730 i had to GO..figured id GO and then move to where i wanted to be. sneaking into where i wanted to be i caught the rear of a deer sneaking out of the thicket. grunted at it a couple times and stood still a while. nothing. never ran so i didnt spook it that bad. 930 i decided to climb down and scout better and also have class at 330 so i wanted to get back here a little early..i need a nap. found a rubline and a BUNCH of scrapes. according to germs post that means i found his kitchen..and i think that was him sneaking out of his bedroom! good news...i think its the buck from LAST year. same rubline and scrapes. thing is hes going to be hard to kill..his bedroom is RIGHT by the kitchen..and if he knows somethings up he dont have to leave the bedroom to eat! so i went and bought a scrape dripper by wildlife research. wasnt going to hunt tomarrow due to rain..but im going to atleast hang the dripper.

heres his pics from last year

nice young buck..id say about 14 wide LAST year..when i jumped him i could sworn he had a mess of points..but i cant make too many out in the pics..cropped them..zoomed..still cant tell. but he aughta be nice this year..hope its him..or maybe his DADDY!!!

SB..have a safe trip and have fun!..who schedules vacation in archery season???? lol
Old 10-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well when it rains it pours, my wife's grandmother passed away today.

I will be out for awhile

Germ
Old 10-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry to hear the ghemry..hope all is well...my thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Well boys.......the Mrs. and I are heading to dreary old Cancun for 8 days, starting Saturday. I don't know if I'd feel like a team player if I hadn't already scored.....and I'd likely have cancelled the trip (yeah right).

I'll be thinking about you while I'm there (2nd lie of this post). We hit this bar there called Coco Bongo's.....and there's this en fuego, caliente un poco mamacita there that dances behind this shadow box......and kills me EVERY TIME. I've been looking forward to this trip since last Fall (we usually go there twice a year).

Mexican food......great weather.....and beautiful women. Snickers bars........30 degrees........and trying to keep from farting while on stand.

6 - one ....1/2 dozen the other.

All in all......I'd rather be back here hunting with you guys (last lie, I promise).

Good luck (sincere).

Jeff
Jeff, your a team player and this is what we expect from you as a team player, lot's of pictures...you've scored, you put us on the board, you definately are a team player, keep that up...and remember,

Uno mas cerveza por favor.

Donde el bano?

You'll be fine...lol

Yup familiar with Coco Bongo and I usually eat twice at Charlos and Charlies...Keep checking in until you go and immediately upon return..lol

Old 10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Switched things up tonight. I left the honey hole alone, too hot so I decided to hunt the hardwoods out in front of my house. I haven't scouted this so I relied on my deer sightings and trails I saw during spring gobbler season. It's all oak and the acorns are falling so I decided to set up towards the bottom I called all the birds in and this would give me some scouting for birds as well. When I was home for lunch and let the pup out I heard a hen. Anyway, I was in a tree and settled by 5:40 pm and saw 4 doe at 5:50 pm...nothing after that...a good night regardless. Comon cold weather....bowhunting is the only time you'll see me say that...lol
Old 10-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

GHemry......Sorry, pal. Let us know if we can do anything. I got the book you referred me to.....and I read half of it, last night. He's a real character......and he DEFINITELY has a "system".

ROb.....

Dos Celas,, bien Alada.

I asked a friend down there how the locals ordered their beers. He gave me the above term to use......saying it was kind of a "macho" way to order: A brew,.......good and cold. I get some eally strange looks from the waiters there and here when I order....lol.

We'll take pictures.....I'll post a "few" of them....lol.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

just got in from hanging the active scrape dripper. man does that stuff smell. it was raining and windy so i think i went in and out undetected. moved slow did what i had to do and got out. found a few perfect trees depending on the wind that day. its always a diffrent direction everyday there it seems. guess because its on a high flat. the tree i put it in is classic..he already has a scrape there..and got mad at the tree i guess..looks like he rammed it a couple times..probably just his 18 inch long tines bumping it as he scraped in it. theres another scrape about a yard behind that one..and 2 more within 20yds. a good rubline leading right to what i think is his bedroom about 120yds away. i think he would be dang near impossible to kill because he lives right there..thats HIS area. but i think the scent dripper may be the ticket. i hid it very well..the tree top bent easy and i pulled it down with a stick and its about 8-10foot high and dripping in it perfect. i should stayed..the wind was blowing right towards his bedroom. hes gunna be jacked when he gets a whiff. im excited. only thing im worried about is that muzzleloader doe season starting saturday[:@] my spot is within 150yds of a parking lot on SGLs...hopefully he dont get pushed out..i seen him in there last year the week after that season so hopefully ill be ok. cant wait to hunt it! headed home tomarrow evening. got all of friday, sat evening, all day mon-tue, and wed morning to hunt!!! i got my hopes sky high..i wanna bring ATLEASTa doe home! but im hoping for one of the big boys!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

as team captian ( i love saying that) i think we need another check in. its been atleast 25pgs since we heard from a couple guys. we hear from extreme, rob, SB, ghemry and myself...but hows the rest of you guys seasons going?? i know your all busy and hunting and got lives..but if you have a minute stop in and let us know how things are goin..and good luck to everyone..have a fun and safe season..and dont forget...THE PICTURE! with YOU..BUCK..BOW just thought id remind everyone and see how the rest of the teams doing...
Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Keep up the great work Captain Mauser06, I think everyone is checking in when they can. Worst case scenerio, we'll see them checking in when they are smiling behind their buck.

The weather is turning for the better as far as hunting is concern and so is my optimism, not that it swayed at all...lol
Old 10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Great.

I'm outta the woods for 12 days and things are turning better.

Awesome.

Hooray.

Jeff

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.