Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

you guys will like this short post.......

BURRR...word of the morning.

kicked one out going in. ran to the next hollow across the field. couldnt tell what it was just heard it[:@] knew they would bed there but never had any in there on all the other hunts..only lasted till about 9am..the wind is terrible. windchill this morning had to be in the teens...headed back out this afternoon...hope the wind dies
Old 10-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

A maternal doe and her fawn tonight, had her at 20 yards broadside, stared a hole in her behind her shoulder...I'm thinking I'll get a tag next year...lol The wind was horrific and it calmed right at the happy hour.

The does are here, the bucks will be soon.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

got that right rob. im bound and determined to get me ATLEAST a doe before season ends. i should never let that 10yd broadside HOG doe walk last friday. i really just wanna burry an arrow in the lungs of a deer to get the monkey off my back..

i hunted the orchard from 3pm-dark. chilly...windy..but the orchard is on a steep hillside and my stand is on the bottom edge so it wasnt TOOO bad. wasnt like this AM sitting on the highest ridge around! didnt see no deer though. i was kinda shocked. im gunna start hunting there more though. ALOT of the apples on the ground were half eaten by deer. tracks all over the place. theres a good number of deer in there...i think the wind hurt me tonight. im heading back there monday morning. tomarrow after work im going to hunt around work somewhere. i wish there was a better tree at the orchard![:@] the hillside the trees are on is pretttty steep. if they came out the trail they use and walk straight they will be eye level with me because the only tree i can climb has a BIG Y in it about 12-15 foot up. i got decint cover around..but i still gota stick out like a sore thumb. once the apple trees loose the leaves i wont beable to move. im going to work on that. i got 2 ladder stands and 2 cheap hang ons in the garage i can use and just leave there. but still dont think theres a suitable tree..i dont wanna trim the heck out of the non-fruit trees that grow on the edge of their orchard..they arent my trees. im sure theyd never notice..but i rather not. ill come up with something. i might build a groundblind closer to the corner they come out..it kinda flattens out at that end..still uphill but not as steep. i think i could pull off a groundblind shot there..

good luck this weekend guys!! ill be out tomarrow after work..better check the weather
Old 10-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Captains log, nothing to report from this AM sit and stare. I had Kurt (Q2INWHITETAILS/Team 12) in the sand over the plot, I sat in the stand down the other end, he had deer moving in and out of the corn field behind him, I saw frosty weeds and pretty trees. Headed back out shortly.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Kurt had to leave at 11:00 today, I took an afternoon break and headed back out. Left the honey hole alone for the evening and hunted here at my house. I didn't see a deer. Had the pleasure to mess with a beautiful red fox I could have shot. I don't have a furbearers license so I didn't.

Monday evening will be my next sit and stare.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

rob i know the feeling. i had "that" feeling all day sittin at work. didnt seem windy at work..nice and cool..had me itchin to get out. 4 oclock came..on stand by 5pm. WINDY again..good wind for my spot..but just GUSTY. never seen anything. squirrels and chipmunks were skittish and barrrrrely active.

my buddy missed a basket rack 8pt this am. didnt see a deer till 10am. when he did it was that buck. 15yds broadside..he threw it over the back. said he rushed the shot.

on the phone he tells me his uncle(the farmer friend of mine...)spread manure in my field yesterday about 430. right outside the field probably in view of my stand was one of the bigguns..i was sittin in the orachard yesterday evening[:@] it probably walked right through my spot too. then when he drove by it it ran into my spot! if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have ANY luck...the one day i switch things up. for now on its orchard in the morning..that spot in the evening.

mondays another day....orchard in the AM..that spot in the PM...see what i can do.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys what a night, we were 12 yds from putting 150+ points on the board, I am in his kitchen and he does not know!!

The rut is way off, I had to mature bucks by me tonight, and 5 bucks total. I also had a button and three doe's. They are still in their bachelor groups.

I could have shot every buck but one. The big ten, he stayed out in the corn field. They other four came by me and offered shots, I had bucks by me from 6:05 PM until dark. I had to stay in my tree until 8:20PM. Some deer on the other side in the river where taking a swim.

I did not even turn a lot on to leave, I got out of my tree and into my boat. I went out on speed two, I did not want to make a peep. If he stays in the corn field, and the wind is out of the SW like it is suppose to be, I may get'em in the morning.

At one point tonight I had two eight points on each side rubbing a tree. They were about 5yds away. It was a great night!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

That was a great night, you have it all right, now we need the right moment.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,sounds like everyone is having a great time hunting.Good luck to you all and lets see if we can put another on the board.
Been a while since I posted so I will just tell you all I have been hunting hard during my off time and seen deer almost every outing.My holidays are over for another 3 weeks then I am off another week to hunt with the gang.Working midnights this week so will be able to get out on some evening hunts.
Cant wait till the end of the month when the bucks start rutting,the bucks are still in their batchelor groups but are starting to get a little pushy now,soon I hope.Not responding to antler rattling or grunting at all.Starting to see a few good scrapes and some rubs on the trees.A few more weeks boys.

My computer is giving me fits,we bought it in August,cant say what name brand,but its one of the good ones.The hard drive has to be replaced and I am glad we bought it with a good warranty.Taking it in today to where we bought it and was told it will be ready in about a week.So sorry to say I will not be online for a while.Hopefully when my comp gets returned to me I will have a deer down and we can all party together

P.S---went out this morn,2c with no wind,beautiful day till about 8:30 when the clowds rolled in,started getting chilly.Seen 2 deer and heard alot of turkeys and counted 10000000000 squirrels--lol

Good luck guys on your hunt and will see you all when my computer is returned hopefully working properly

Jason
Old 10-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Germ Scores Big Doe

Well 8:15 AM this morning I shot this girl. She ran about 120yds, I give myself a C for th shot, and A+ for the tracking. I kept a good eye on the corn as she plowed thru it. I hit a little back in the liver, my arrow did pass thru so I wasbit worried. Stayed in the tree for 2 hours, then took my boat in and changed clothes. My Camera was with my wife, so we took the picture around 2:00PM, I did not feel like getting her down again.

The best part is she ran 5 steps from the tractor road, those 5 step drags are killer. The great part is she stayed outside of the corn field, so I never really disturb the area.

Germ

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.