Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread >

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 10 Point

The weather has been nice and cold the past few days but we're up around normal for the next 3 days. Supposed to be a rainy wash out tomorrow and then temps back into the mid 50's for the remainder of the week. Looking forward to getting back out there asap. Work has been unusually crazy the past 2 weeks so finding time to go has been a chore. I do have the first 2 weeks of November off which is when things really start to move around here.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys it looks like rain most of the week. I think I will use this week to gain some bonus points with my wife. I may even go and check out and see if there is any buck activity, scrapes or rubs. I love to look around when it is raining. After my tracking job in the rain last week I am a little gun shy to hunt if I know it is going to rain. Phesant opened last weekend and the dog has been itching to get out there. So I may also do that also. We have 40 acre field that we lease to a farmer and he has the corn off now and the birds are all over the place in there. Seeing as how my week of vacation got derailed last weekend I am planning on being off from the 30th of October to the 30th of November. i know I will get called in or decide to work a few days due to weather but I can't wait. There is also 9 days of gun included in that at the end of november. I may only hunt the opening weekend. One other piece of good news the Packers didn't lose this weekend. They didn't play either.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My weeknight hunting just got cut back. We are working 4 hours OT 3 maybe 4 nights a week untill we get 2 new machines set up. Probably at least 3 weeks. I didn't kave much action this weekend. Saw 1 button buck, let him walk and 2 does out of range. It looks like a lotof bucks have been taken in the past few days. Must be starting to turn on in some areas. Gotta go my daughter needs the comp for homework. Good luck team.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

I wish I was hunting. I miss it. It has been a week since I was in a stand. I know the deer are moving now to. I am however going to take my son out tomorrow and sit in a condo stand as we call it. It is going to be a scouting mission but he doesn't have to know. I figure tis way he can move as much as he wants and it won't scare the deer. Don't have to worry about scent as much either. We'll bring the camera and see if I can get some pics for you guys.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:02 PM

well guys, this past weekend was quite eventful in the woods, although i didnt score. i planned on getting up first thing friday morning since i had a day off of school, but unfortunately i stayed up too late with a few friends and the girlfriend.... so i ended waking up at 5:30, which i could have made it to the woods, but didnt wanna rush. so i decided to hunt the evening and went back to bed. that evening while walking in, i found an area LITTERED with rubs, later i saw a respectable what i think to be 8 point with two does. the does both gave me perfect broadside shots at about 15 yards. but the buck never gave me a shot. i got up first thing the next morning and was in my stand by 6:45. at first light i heard something walk by my stand, but it was too dark to see. then it started to snow, by the time it stopped, it was about 9:30 and i was freezing, so i lowered my bow to get down, and just my luck, out comes the same buck 35 yards away. well, i managed to get my bow back in the tree and get an arrow nocked and my release hooked up without being detected. the buck walked past my stand at 20 yards, this time, rather than staying in the thick stuff, he walked right to an opening i had to shoot. but as my luck would have it, i couldnt get him to stop, and i didnt wanna shoot while he was moving. so he kept going, and bedded down about 40 yards behind me. a few minutes later, he must have winded me, cause he jumped up real quick and walked off. i decided not to hunt that evening or the next morning to give him a chance to settle down. then on sunday night,i went back there and didnt see him, but i had two 4 points (might have been 6's, but couldnt tell if they had brow tines), and a nice doe all make their way past my stand at 10 yards. they all had no idea i was even there. the one buck was chasing the doe a little. it was neat to be that close to them. eventhough i didnt harvest that buck, i still thought it was a successful weekend... especially since i found a new area to hunt that i wouldnt have had any idea deer used.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, was going to go out tonight but we've got some serious rain right now. Looks like I'm stuck inside tonight. [&:] Will be back out there Saturday morning.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't have to work late tonight so I went huntin. Thaught the deer would be moving after the front blew thru, but all I saw was a possum and a squirel. Will be out lots this weekend.

Hey CAMPO when are you going to measure your buck and enter it? We need all the inches we can get. What are you waiting for? He isn't going to grow any more.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Campo got a buck... what the hell did I miss something. If you did good job.

I went out last night with my son. It was fun. We sat in a condo blind and we called in a little buck with the can. Story is on the bowhuting page with pics if you are interested
Old 10-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to IL tomorrow to see if I can fill my doe tag and see how my buddies are doing over there.

Campo got a buck last weekend. He says heis after a bigger one for the contest. But you have to enter your first one , RIGHT? His story is on the bowhunting page. Check it out quite interesting.

Sorry if I struck a nerve with the METS post CAMPO. I just couldn't resist, all in fun. I am just glad I don't have any stands around you.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter
Campo got a buck last weekend. He says heis after a bigger one for the contest. But you have to enter your first one , RIGHT? His story is on the bowhunting page. Check it out quite interesting.
Correct. Campo could shoot a world record buck and it won't count towards the contest since he's already tagged a buck. By rule the first one tagged has to be entered into the contest.

Quick Reply: 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.