Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread >

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 10 Point

Great news A.D.D. Boy. Good luck on that property. Keep us posted!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im gona go out wedsnday thursday morning and afternoon a lil bit.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Well the first morning hunt of my mini vacation went good. I decide to sit ina ground blind this morning. I didn't see any deer but I had 7 real nice Toms come into about 20yds. Only 6 left the area. 23lbs gobbler with the bow. I know it isn't a deer but I had just as much fun. I also did some stand adjustment in hopes of getting a nice 9 point that snuck up on me sunday evening. Wasn't able to shoot even though he was with in 10yards from my stand. Never gave me a good shot I was happy with. Well that was my morning. By the way I have a turkey tag. It was all legal.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Copper! I've got hopes of tagging a turkey this fall if I get the chance. Our turkey season opens Oct. 28th.

I won't be back out hunting until Wednesday or Thursday. Work is getting in the way right now. [:@] But on the positive side I just fired up the grill and I'm getting ready to have some backstraps and steak from the deer I got on Saturday. [8D]
Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only got out Sat. morning this weekend, It was my parents 50th Anniversary. We had a party Sat night, stayed too late then had family in town Sun., had to entertain. Plan on going after work Tues. and Wed.

Way to go on your GOBBLER Copper. I have heard a couple, but haven't seen them yet. Two turkey tags come with our deer tags for archery.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

There is a big cold front hitting our area tomorrow. Highs in the 30's. Possible snow. The only draw back is it is going to be windy. I like to hear deer comong before I seen them. A little hard on a windy day. I will be going out after work tonight. With the full moon the deer movement has been a little slow at the times I have to sit. Oh by the way my little mini vacation got thrown out last night with a call from work. I found out that I have to prepare for a workers comp case that is going to court. Well one day is better then none.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a pic of the turkey I got.
23lbs 6 inch beard with 3/4 inch spurs.
Shot with the bow at 20yards.
By the way I am just over 6' and around 270lbs.
I have already been told that the bird looks small
with me behind it. No fat jokes guys.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:38 PM

congrats on the bird!! i plan on hunting on friday since i dont have school, and a cold front is supposed to drop the highs to only around 43* during the day. i will post a report afterwards! wish me luck. congrats again copper!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Bird copper.
I went out tonight but only saw a coon and a few squirels. I thought it might bebetter suppose to storm tonight. Figured they might be out early. Guess i figured wrong again. Might try tomorrow after work if it is done raining.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:25 PM

nice bird cooper. I've been out pretty much everynight and have yet to see a deer in the stand. I see them on the way out in the field i walk by.[:@]

It is early yet. I'm letting this cold front move in before i go out again. Friday is what I'm looking at.

Quick Reply: 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.