Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread >

14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

maybe one of those doe will pull a buck into your area seeing as how the rut has kind of got going the past week...I won't be getting out with the bow for a couple weeks....I am gonna be cheating and using my shotgun this weekend and next weekend.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Helloooooo... How's it going out there?

Things are starting to move. Why just yesterday I had a guy wandering around in the woods pass by my stand three times in 45 minutes. I could still see/hear him crashing around with less than a half hour before sunset.
If he had antlers on his head, I would have shot. [:@]

I did tag a little button buck on an antlerless deer only archeryhunt. First deer with the new bowtech, and it was a handy dragging size.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:49 AM

well, way to go on the button buck Christine!
Old 11-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, I just returned from Kansas and had a great time. I spent a week there hunting public ground that is reclaimed strip mines. The hunting wasn't easy though. I ended up killing a nice 8 pointer that scores right at 130, no monster, but very nice! He field dressed at 205 pounds and was probably 4-5 yrs old. I had seen him 3 nights in a row(after dark) and set up where I thought they were crossing the road. I ended up shooting him 40 yards off the road at 11 in the morning while he was chasing a doe. Will this buck count for the contest since it wasn't from my home state? I'm not quite up to date on all of the contest rules.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Pj, as long as it's a bowkill, it counts.

Congrats!

I passed up a little 50"-ish buck today. I might be kicking myself later, but I had seen a bigger one yesterday and I was hoping he would show up. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:27 AM

Good job pj. I hunted for about a week before rifle season and didn't see any shooters. Hoping to get one after rifle season maybe.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 AM

Nic job PJ!

I have passed on a few diffrent bucks in the last week, I was hoping to get one before the IL gun season opens Friday but it's supposed to rain for the next 2 days straight, yuck! I will kill a buck!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

I've been waiting for a break in the rain but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I can't stand staying in the house on Nov 14th tho'. So, I'm going to run out there and get wet. I've never bowhunted in the rain before. I've been too scared of losing a bloodtrail in it.

It's doubtful I'd even shoot at a deer today. But hopefully, it will be better than working or sitting on the couch. [8D]

I hope my feathers don't get all messed up.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Well, one feather fell off. (that's what I get for not cleaning the shafts off with acetone before fletching them)

Rained steady thewholetimebut I did see three does and had a beautiful buck come within about 30 yards.(too far for me)He was all by himself and cruising for does.He'd score around 140" I think. I sure would like to tag him and find out for sure.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go PJ WE made the board

Quick Reply: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.