Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread >

14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:07 AM

Default RE: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

anyone having any luck? All I have been seeing is spikes and basket racks, weather cooled down so should get into so nice pre-rut hunting before too much longer!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

I've been out five times now. While out, I've seen a bunch of other hunters, 1 hiker, a pheasant, a red fox, multiple squirrels, and one single doe. [:@]

Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I was out Sun morning and had a doe come in to my bait but did take the shot waiting on a buck to come in. Have a 10 pt hanging around but he's not coming any closer then 60 to 70 yrds. I might have to move my stand to get him to come in just a bit closer. i dont know what do you think good idea or just wait him out where im at now?????
Old 10-25-2006, 07:11 AM

If you are seeing him over and over in the same location I'd move the stand, it wont hurt the area to slip in there and move the stand. Dont hunt it for a few days after you move it though.

I got a wild hair up my but and bought a Switchback XT this week, I dont know about switching bows in season but after one practice session I should be on track.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't been out much lately, but I was out last night and had a little 6 point 10 yards away and a little doe about the same distance away. Hopefully I'll see something a little bigger tonight
Old 10-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Went out this afternoon to a spot that I just put my stand up at. And holy crap..I saw over 20 deer, a couple small bucks a bunch of fawns quite a few does and one very nice 8-10 pointer. I could have shot a couple does, but I am waiting on that buck. The buck came out a little before it got dark and was chasing the does all over the place. I don't know if a couple of them were ready cause he chased a couple into the woods and came back out a little later..did that twice. He came out and was standing on the edge of the field so I gave a snort wheeze, little did I know a couple does had snuck up about 10 yards away from my stand on the edge of the field...they bolted, his head whipped to my direction. The does ran about 50 yards into the field and started walking in the direction of the group of deer on the other side of the field. He ended up following them. I hope that I can get a chance to harvest him. I am thinking maybe I should call into work friday so I can get another chance at him before gun opener. I would like to get my deer before the gun opener, because the chances of me still having my buck tag after shotgun season is pretty slim. I am going to try to harvest does during shotgun, but if a bruiser steps out I am gonna have to take it.
Sorry for the rambling post everybody..just excited to know that I have a good shooter buck in my area. There is also a doe that is walking on three legs. I was wondering if I should harvest her if I get a shot..she never walked into my shooting lane though.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:16 AM

Got a vacation coming up next week. Should get at least 8 -10 days of solid hunting. Hope to put up some points.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

I think I am gonna say scrwe it and go out again tonight...i didn't spook the deer lastnight. One was kind of close to my stand so I shot at a clump of dirt to see how close I could get to it...it was about 45 yards out. I nailed the clump and the deer was just like what the hell..it stood there and looked at the lumenock then walked off to the herd of deer on the other side of the field.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Went out yesterday.

Found a nice spot next to the lake to hunt from the ground. Two dogs come up to me. Then a bunch of fishermen start fishing close by. They clap and cheer each time one of them catches a fish. (apparently the fishing was good) So I pack up and move out of clapping distance. As I get set up in a new spot, I spot a father and son hunting duo headed my way. Sure enough, they start setting up a ground blind only ten feet away from me. They didn't see me and I wasn't going to chase them off, so I snuck away and found another spot. I didn't see hide nor hair of a deer. My partner had a really big ten pointer get run past him by the dogs at only 10 yards. Of course, you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck, and he hasn't gotten a doe yet.

I've now been out 9 times and have only seen one deer while I've been hunting. I sure do seem to be a dog, hiker, other hunter magnet though. [:-]

Old 11-03-2006, 02:54 PM

well, went out this morning and got another doe. She came into me from behind, I stood getting ready for her to pass through my shooting lane, well instead she stops and decided to bed down. Well now I am stuck in the stand and have a bedded deer 28 yards from my stand. I decide to take the neck shot, either I kill her or miss and spook her. Well I take aim, let loose and drilled her, she never got up from her bed, pinned her to the ground, quick clean kill. Now I need to nail a buck and get out team going! Good luck to all this weekend!!!!!

Quick Reply: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.