Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 12- Team Official Thread

i went out to check some cattle out by my stands on fridayand the draw to the right of pne pf my standshad two really nice bucks come out of it. i couldntget a good look at them because it was getting dark and i was about 500 yards away butidont thinkive seen either of these deer before. i hope they stay close. im going out around noon to set out a trail cam where i saw them come out so maybe i can get some picturesof these guys.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good for Duck
Hope you get a shot at them big boys this season and I'll looking forward to seeing those cam pics.
I went to my favroite 3D range for a little practice and I was kinda disapointed at my performace.
Although my overall score was 259 out of a possible 300 they have ten stations with three targets at each station.
Out of thirty shots fourteen were ten pointers and out of that fourteen only six were dead nut center ( 10 X ) I know I can do better than that.
The rest of them were eight pointers ( Lung shots ) well not all eight I had three 5 pointers .
Darn I must have misjudged the yardage on those oh wellI'll keep practicing right up to opening day Oct. 1st.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

How all you doing? I been working 12hrs a day 7 days a week. Sorry for not posting that much. I been hunting for 35 years, I live in Bucks co PA. I think the best part of this contest is talking to my team mates from other parts of the country. I tell you all that I will not shoot a small buck just for this contest. I have a 8pt or better rule that I go by. I do shoot does for meat which I love, can't get enough. Im going to Kentucky this year to hunt 6 days with Licking River Outfitters. The Buck hunting has picked up bit since the antler restrictions were put in place by Gary Alt 3 years ago. I have permission to hunt some nice farms here in Southeast Pa and I have some nice spots on the Delaware River that you can only get to by boat. It looks like we have a nice mix of states on our team and a passion for Bowhunting by all. I look forward to this contest and talking to you all.
Be safe
Hatchet jack
Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good to hear from ya hatchet
Sounds like you gotta good plan and that eight point rule sounds good too.
I myself won't shoot a young buck I'd say let'em live another two years or so and see what kind of rack he'll be wearing.
I know those long hours gotta be wearing out but you know what they say ( you can't pay the bills on look alone ) beleave me I tried it and it didn't work.
Well good luck to ya and have safe season.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas I hope all is well. I don't post much on the weekends because my computer at the house died. I did doalittle bit of low impact scouting over the weekend. One of the areas I will be hunting is anavy base near my home. They have allowed hunting there for the past10-15 yrs with some excellent buck management rules in place. I watched three nice bucks withmy spotting scope from an access road a few fundred yards away. Couldn't see a lot of detail but two of these guys are shooters for sure.What's even better is the area is bowhunting only except for some blackpowder days.Ihung a couple of stands last Tuesday at my other honey-hole on the Eastern Shore and saw a load of deer probably 50-60 well before dark. There is one particular buck there that I have seen the past two seasons and I think I saw him Tuesday evening, HE IS A BEAST!! But he's real slippery as well, lasy year I felt like I was playing chess with somebody way better than me, every time I tried to set-up on him he was one step ahead.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Good news and bad news. Good news,I got a decent 8 pt. on camera, bad news, my batteries went dead on my camera 3 days after checked it last and had 10 days of of nothing, zilch, nadda. I knew better than to leave the old batteries in there. Oh well, lesson learned. The 8 pt. is borderline P&Y, if he just had eye guards it would be good.

Some of the pics are blurry, i had a video of a cow licking the lens and it rained around that time, could be the reason for the blurry pics. Anyhow, here are 3 of the better ones.

Look at the deer he is looking, not very big but decent.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

nice pics . even with out the brow tines . he still is nice.whats on those trees though?i am headed out in about an hour to check my cam to see what happened by it. i hope it turns out good. lata all..
Old 08-28-2006, 03:41 PM

hello all,
Sorry i havent been very active lately work was extremley busy, here is the first very very quick logo I put together. I will give it the ole college try again tonight and I will make one with for stump thumpers too.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

That's a pretty sweet logo! Give us a few more to choose from. I will be putting up more treestands this week. I will also be doing some more scouting to see what's available.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys how is ereybody doing?
Did anybody get a chance to see Slims logo sample I thought it was pretty cool nice job Slim.
Still haven't heard from orr2003 , I hope he responds by the end of the week .
Has any one seen the other teams name and logo's I had to go in the " smack shack " and do a little bashing.
( DEAD BALL'S ) what a name huh.
Hey New how did the scouting go , hope you had fun and Millertime nice pictures even if the cow did lick the lens, I hope you get a shot at one of bucks this season.
I heard from HNIJustin and he said if the team buys the site T - Shirts that bears the logo we could add our team logo to it if that what the team wants or we could get the shirts from Q2inwhitetails he might have a better option.
It was just a idea to ponder , you guys think about it and let me know so we can get the ball rolling.

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.