Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

ORIGINAL: manuman

when my cell starts buzzing!!!!![:@]I had it on vibrate, but the woods were so calm and quiet that it stil was very loud---and you guessed it--busted!! It was an emp[loyee that I told to check in at 8, and he calls early and at the worst possible second!!! Oh well!! I hope he has fun in the unemployment line!!
I hear ya on the cell phone thing.. I am also a Manager and basically on call 24/7..I always get calls in the stand. I also usually remember to have the phone on vibrate. But I forgot once and when La Coca rocha starts playing at full volume ya know your hunt is probably not going to go well...Not to mention the scare almost bounced me out of my stand! But then there are nights like Tuesday when I lost the phone on the hike out and took quite a long time to find it!! Modern Technology #!%^&*#!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:08 AM

I went out yesterday evening , and put my phone on silent! Walking out, I saw the landowner and began to talk with him for a while--as it turned out a long while. I kept thinking---why is no one calling me? My son usually can't wait to get the rundown on what I've seen, etc. THEN-- I remebered---silent mode! Doh! I checked my phone--22 missed calls! My family was panicking, since they couldn't get a response---an hour after dark! I still have some kinks to work out with my new 'system'!I didn't see any deer--only the third time all year. I even sat through a thunderstorm,expecting good movement after it passed. None. I think they moved ahead of the weather.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:04 AM

well guys didnt get out last night but will be out sunday most of the day might get out saturday if i dont have to work to late this cold front has deer moving i see em on the way to and from work just not neer as many as last year i might have to scout my back up places
Old 10-13-2006, 04:32 AM

Heading out for a few hours this morning before catching up tp my crew of guys working, and will be hunting this weekend for 2 days in a row for the first time this year.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Saw a Possible Shooter yesterday evening. After the 50 mph winds died down. He came out into the field edge and worked the tree-line. He was just shredding little trees along his way. The one he worked the hardest was right under my second stand, (A stand I haven't sat in YET!) He was a good 100 yards away and didn't come my way. I didn't try anything to get him to change his mind and come my way, I figured why educate him, when he is already working to one of my stands.

He wasn't a real monster but maybe a shooter..he was an 8 pt with a good spread and nice main beams. He had Good G3's, his brows were short and his G2's werepossibly short or broken. He never really gave methe greatest angle to field judge. I think he was one of them deer that would be great with another year..but I'm not sure he wants to tempt me this year!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:36 PM

sorry i haven't checked in. i broke up with my g/f last week. 1 year 9 months. last night i seen a 14 point crossing the road by the land i hunt. this weekend i am hunting all day both days. pre rut is going on up here and the snow and high winds do not help when it comes to hunting. in my eyes it hurts the area by spreading scent all over the place. i will check in after the weekend.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about the GF, buckhuntingkg. Girls will come and go but a 14 point is forever..get after that sucka with your newly acquired free time!
Good Luck.

And seriously if ya need to vent or get it off your chest..we've all been there! PM if you want to talk.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Typical Buck

buckhuntinkg
well, good luck to you pal - sitting in a tree stand is a nice way to contemplate about it all...

I had two basket 8 ptrs at 15 yds last night. A trick I use to hold deer along a path this time of year is to place a small pruned tree limb w/green leaves (red maple) in the lane. It caught the attention of both bucks who gave me quartering away, leg forward, "shoot-me" presentations; they stopped to nibble one or two leaves before moving on...BTW, I use a loper so I never have to touch the limb.
My partner was only 80 yds away from me, and had the big 20" 8 ptr near his stand that I mentioned in my last post - almost!, but the big buck passed where there was no clear shot. Leaving shortly to join up with him... good luck all...
-fsh
Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 PM

I keep inventing new ways to get frustrated!I had 4 does around me for an hour. I was 45' up the tree on a very steep ridge, so the does finally got eye level and saw just enough to concern them, and they began pacing around stomping and doing the 'peek a boo' head bob deal. I tried to be still, and they finally went to the right. I moved to my left, and I noticed another deer---a big one. I tried to get turned and had to move to do so--and the does reappeared at the same time. Long story short---he was behind them, and got a little nervous and got off the trail that would have brought him 5 yards from my tree! I grunted and he wanted tp , bu was more intereted in following the does than a fight and he went after them. He was 20" inside, g2's about 12" or maybe more----10 pointer, with very heavy mass! I was so sick that I could have puked! 4 8's last week and now this one! At least I'm in the right place!

Old 10-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Boy, we have a great team here and everyone is constantly active. Sounds like lots of 'almosts' and when you put in your time, everything eventually falls into place simultaneously. Keep at it guys; you'll have deer on the ground before this is all over.

The following is not archery and it doesn't get us any points. However, I did take out my wife this morning and we had a short but exciting hunt. Since I didn't draw a moose tag this year, she decided that we needed more meat and got a tag yesterday. Before daylight today, we were hunkered down in one of my favorite spots, ready for any passing deer. A lone doe came by first (season not open) and about 10 minutes later this buck. He gave my wife a broadside 75 yard shot and her .243 did the rest. And she'd have my hide if she knew I was posting this.

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.