Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread >

25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Hi team mates;
Keep your fingers crossed tonight. I finally seen my big deer tonight. I've been hunting hard since Oct. 31st and seen small basket racks and small spikes and does. I thought he left the area since I missed him.
Tonight he came in behind me about 50 yards, I blew the grunt a couple of times and he keep going so I blew loud and he stoped and looked my direction, I give a few soft grunts and he came my way. He got to 15 yards and stoped, slightly quartering to me behind some small trees and branches.
I could tell he was about to bolt so I tried to put it behind his shoulder and released. I hit his shoulder and the arrow was sticking out, he broke the arrow off on a tree as he took off. He stopped about 30 yards as I give a few grunts, he walked away hurting pretty bad.
I waited about 30 minutes, and checked my arrow. About 8 to 10 inches of arrow and broardhead are through his shoulder.
I should have hit at 1 lung and maybe the heart. I backed out and marked the spot. I'm praying he laid down and expired!!!!!!!
Going after him in the morning, I didn't want to push him and I was losing daylight fast. it's going to be a long night !!!!!!!
I sure hope he's down he's a nice one, and will score well for our team.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good! I hope you get a little sleep tonight.you' ll need your strength for dragging in the morning
Old 11-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Well I have bad news. I've looked for 2 1/2 days and can't find him. I must have hit him a little forward of his shoulder and hit no vitals. I only found 3 drops of blood on some leafs where he broke the arrow off on a tree. Then I only found a one drop of blood on a leaf on a main trail about 600 yards from the shot. I checked every blow down, brush pile, thicket I could find within a 1/2 along the river I hunt. although this is the only second deer I've lost in over 30 years of hunting, I still feel sick. After the area recovers in a few days hopefully I'll see him again. I hope my team mates better luck !!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I think you Had some bad luck with that one , It won't make you feel better but unfortunately most of us have had to deal with that sick feeling.
they are incredibly tough ,and you finding blood that far from where you shot him he is probably going to survive
Old 11-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your buck. Believe me, it happens to the best of us. In fact, the last two years in a row I lost two P&Y 8 pointers. One to a gut shot because I didnt' fully stop the buck before shooting, and the other to a distance misjudgement where I hit him high in no-man's land. [:'(]

Hang in there and keep at it, hopefully there's still some time left to get out there and put one on the ground.

What about everyone else?? Are you all dead??!!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

That's the good about it all, I have until January 31st until bow season ends. I've seen a couple of other nice bucks that are in the area. This week is gun season, but I still can bow hunt and I'll get out a few evenings and see if anyone pushes one my way. I just hope the gun hunters stay out of the posted land I hunt. Go Team 25 !!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Well Gun season is finally over Thank god !!! I never seen so many hunters without permission run through my lease. After a few days I'll try to pick up the pieces and bow hunt again. I'm beginning to hate gun season even though I enjoy hunting with a muzzle loader. This year we have a few more days of gun season on December 16th and 17 , then muzzle loader comes in in January for another week. Sure makes it a must to score early with a bow, besides the deer being so stirred up it's also turning much colder and now I'm going to freeze ! Oh well at least I've seen the two big bucks I've been hunting are still alive and well. Go Team 25 !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear the big guys are still on their feet! With all this snow and cold weather my bet is on food sources in the evening. Keep at it, and good luck!

I'm gonna try for a bow hunt with cameraman in tow this weekend, we'll see how that goes. Gonna bust out the bow and target tomorrow and lunch and see how well I shoot in this cold weather.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

I'm still hard at it, seen a couple small 1.5 maybe 2.5 year olds, a 6 and 8 point but, havn't see any real shooters. I would have taken the 8 point if we were inrunning and in contentionfor 1st place. The second rut seems to be starting so I hope that brings out the big boys, if not I'm going to take a couple of does for meat before the end of season.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't had much time lately but I am hunting 4 days between christmas and new years . This mild weather is messing things up a bit but there are still a few deer around . Merry Christmas and good hunting next year .

Quick Reply: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.