HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread
Old 11-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Walleyefever
Fork Horn

Default RE: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Hi team mates;
Keep your fingers crossed tonight. I finally seen my big deer tonight. I've been hunting hard since Oct. 31st and seen small basket racks and small spikes and does. I thought he left the area since I missed him.
Tonight he came in behind me about 50 yards, I blew the grunt a couple of times and he keep going so I blew loud and he stoped and looked my direction, I give a few soft grunts and he came my way. He got to 15 yards and stoped, slightly quartering to me behind some small trees and branches.
I could tell he was about to bolt so I tried to put it behind his shoulder and released. I hit his shoulder and the arrow was sticking out, he broke the arrow off on a tree as he took off. He stopped about 30 yards as I give a few grunts, he walked away hurting pretty bad.
I waited about 30 minutes, and checked my arrow. About 8 to 10 inches of arrow and broardhead are through his shoulder.
I should have hit at 1 lung and maybe the heart. I backed out and marked the spot. I'm praying he laid down and expired!!!!!!!
Going after him in the morning, I didn't want to push him and I was losing daylight fast. it's going to be a long night !!!!!!!
I sure hope he's down he's a nice one, and will score well for our team.