Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread >

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 30 Check-In

Hey there dangolbowhunter do not feel bad. A 125 is great but really this being my 3rd year in this contest I have seen that just average bucks can really do great things. Good luck to all.

On another note Matt called me from the cabin last night and the buck was back. It is a "pretty decent 8 pointer" is what he called it. He was guessing maybe 90" which is really not bad for an 8 this time of year. He is very good at judging deer so I think it will be about right. Not a P&Y but a good buck none the less.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out over the weekend checking out some spots and we saw some good sign. Lots of tracks and some heavily worn trails. Going to put the camera out this week and I'll keep you guys updated on what my prospects are! BTW...do we need a team name?
Old 08-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

What does everyone think about Mike being captain. Other then not knowing a good bow he seems to be on top of everything.

As for names I have heard a lot over the past couple of years. One I don't recall ever hearing is"To the Point". Just a thought. We could be the "Thirty Point Bucks" but that would mean we would have to underachive.

Seems we are still missing some poeple too. Anyonecheck to see if they are newbee's or not.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on now! What's wrong with my Bowtech??? I tried the Trykon...still went with the Bowtech, but Hoyt had their chance. My wife shoots a Hoyt, so it evens out I guess.I'll think of a team name as well. I would have no problem with being captain, unless someone else really wants to.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 30-Team Official Thread

Hey guys. I sent PMs to those who haven't checked in yet, except Pat_Ely as his PM box is full. I'll let you all know when I get replies!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike NOTHING is wrong with your bowtech. I tried the Allegiance, Switchback XT and the Trykon. I just liked the Trykon better. Overall I like the feel of the Hoyts better. Guess that is why they all make and sell bows. Anyway you are captain unless someone else wants to step up and challange you. Thanks for PM'n everyone else.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick I just realized that you and I were on team 24 last year. Hope we can do better this year. I do think I will be getting out more as having the divorce a year behind me things are much more back to normal (whatever that means).
Old 08-23-2006, 10:48 AM

Ive been busy with football. Just checking in. Will check this thread once a day. I will be more active once the season starts.

I am hunting in Norwood,LA (two 10 pts taken last year and only 5 ppl hunt the land.150acres) Natchez, MS (deer country. 60acres) Port Allen, La (maybe once or twice with a friend)

I have a feeling my biggest buck will come from one of these two properties....
Friendstrophydeer landinNatchez,MS the deer has to be over 150 to shoot it. I always go there for 5 days during the thanksgiving break.
I also have a friend who has 6000 acres of trophy deer land in Concordia parish,LA and will be hunting there a good bit. They are thinking about opening a guided hunting ranch there in the next 4 years.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for checking in phall2! Hopefully you can get one those 150+ deer!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW Phall2. Maybe we should all come down and help you out with your trophy deer problem. It would be a shame to let those get too much older.

So far sounds like a good team. I just found out that slick tricks are probaly not gonna be here for the season. I really like the small 4 blade heads. Anyone on here have some suggestions on what to use since I won't likely be shooting tricks this season.[:@]

Quick Reply: 30-Team "Double Lung" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.