Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread >

4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 4- Team Official Thread

Well I got your PM . I too am from Pa ,meadville. I hunt my own land and just got in from planting a winter plot.At 48 you can all call me pops but with some geratol I will try to pull my own weight. Deer slayer is cool he was on my loosing team last year neither of us helped.I will post soom pics later.

Jim
Old 08-23-2006, 08:00 AM

Hi All, just checking in. I think this is my second post under this new screen name. I use to be by23856, but got tired of all the numbers, so I adopted this new screen name that describes my other passion outside of bowhunting- beekeeping. I have five hives and have already made a tidy little profit from honey sales this year.

But you guys are more interested in my bowhunting chances, so I have attached a pic of my two bucks from last year, that I got the same day on November 5th. I live just south of Omaha on an acreage, and shot both of these guys not far from my house. I don't have any trail cams, so I have no pictures of this year's bucks, but this is typical of the older bucks in my area, if I am patient enough to wait for them to come out during the rut. I never saw either of these guys until the day I shot them, despite spending countless hours in my stands through September and October.

I'm originally from PA, in Harrisburg and Huntingdon areas, whichare basically inthe South Central parts of state, and I'll be back in Huntingdon County this year for the opening day of rifle season to hunt with my dad and uncle. I am 40 years old, spent four years in the Marine Corps from '84-'88, got out and went to college, graduating from Penn State in '94 with a degree as a Landscape Architecture, moved to Norfolk VA for three years and then my wife got a job with the National Park Service and that brought us out to Omaha, NE.

I'm looking forward to a great season and getting to know you guys better. Good Luck and stay safe.

Jason, those are some dandy bucks. I never saw bucks that big while I was growing up in PA. Good luck on them.

Brad

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance.
-Henry David Thoreau

Old 08-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

O man you guys got stuck with Buck Magnet this year huh?! Yeah we had him last year. Showin us all the pictures on his trail cam of the big bruzers he's covered in. Don't count on him getting close to any of them though folks! You'll be just as disapointed as we were. The pain goes away but the scars stay forever. LOL!
Old 08-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

NICE BUCKS NE_BeeKeeper!

bawanajim: Do you hunt around Meadville? My family has a cabin in the southwest corner of Bloomfield Township...near Athens. Thats where I got those game camera pics from.....and I know there are bigger ones out there than those.....but me getting a chance with one of them...well...lets not go there.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt outsided of meadville on the western side . Off Route 98 & Harmonsburg road.
Its between meadville & Conneaut lake.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 PM

Hey there guys. I am checking in and am ready to go. I have a few new places to hunt this year so I will see if any of them hold any nice bucks.I will be doingmy hunting in PA and WV this year. I was able to score with a small six pt. last year so anydeer Ikill this year should be an improvement. Well guys I have to run so I will check in later.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I hunt outsided of meadville on the western side . Off Route 98 & Harmonsburg road.
Its between meadville & Conneaut lake.
Hey Jim,

I work for the phone company down here in our part of PA, the same one you have up there. I've been up there and worked storms...I'm real familiar with Meadville and Conneaut Lake...if I get that way again, I'll let you know. It's so flat....lol

Oh, and with WV...looks like all ten checked in, great job

Old 08-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been hearing a lot about some curseBuck Magnet.... I hope you'll be out there double time to end all that nonsense

Good Luck Team 4!!! Better name yourselves MythBusters

Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

doesnt anyone have any confidence in us lol.

I was out and did some scouting the past 2 nights. Last night i saw a nice 8pt and a beautiful 7pt that would probably score 120 or so he has a nice crab claw on the end and beautiful curves on the end of his rack. I also saw a few does. Tonight i saw 7 does. I'm starting to get a pattern on the deer i'm gona keep after em hard. I'd like to score early!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey I think you have one hell of a stacked team....but then there is the Buck Magnet curse.

Quick Reply: 4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.