Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread >

4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

4- Team "Deeranged" Official Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 4- Team Official Thread

Well fella's season is over here. Didn't get a chance at a buck at all this year and overall this had to be my most poor archery season to date. I got a little hunting in today before the rain really came down. I tried hunting in it but it was like a monsoon. Couldn't see and wouldnt have been able to shoot with the wind.Found ALOT of buck sign at my hunting cabin so atleast things should be good for gun season. I really wishI could have harvested one with my bow, but sometimes thats how the cookie crumbles.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, no buck for me this year...at least with my bow. I was actually able to see another buck tonight (only my 4th of the season) and I thought the stars had aligned. He had G-2's and -3's.....but when I got a good look at him...no brows. He was too far for a shot, even if he had been legal.....but it was still nice just to see another buck.

I'll probably be taking my rifle out during it's season, and my flintlock after that if I still have a tag.....so it looks like my bow only got to sing twice this year...but I'm not complaining...it was just great to be in the woods.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. Gun season opens here on monday so i'll be back in the woods. I wish I coulda got one with a bow to help us out but thats how it goes sometimes. Can't win em all. Wishing all you guys still bowhunting alot of luck hopefully some more inches can be added to the team score. If i still have my buck tag come after christmas for the 2nd archery season i may get out some depending on the weather. I'll keep ya posted as to what I make out. It's been a real pleasure.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys,
I was able to score on a ten point, 126 4/8 inch buck in Iowa. Pic is in score board. That was taken in Iowa. I came close to closing the deal on a Buffalo county monster the week before. He heard my stand squeak as I repositioned to draw back. He kept coming in but I than had to draw back while he came by at 15 yards. I just got drawn and had the pin on his boiler. All I had to do was hit the release. But he caught me out of the corner of his eye and wheeled off before I could release. He was a good 150 class. I was certain it was a dead deer walking. During gun season I had a brute come walking in to me. But he had every tine busted off but one, so he got a free pass.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:18 PM

I'm still hangin in there. I hunted hard for 11 days straight, saw alot of deer, (and lost my mind) but Have not been able to connect with one of the bigguns I've had my eye on.
I'll be back at it again tomorrow, wish me luck!!
Old 11-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS dabow!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:07 AM

Congrats Dabow, thats a great buck anywhere!

Good luck to the rest of you guys and just remember, this contest is for fun, who cares if you get your buck with a bow or gun, as long as your enjoying the outdoors thats all that matters!