Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread >

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 24 check in thread

sounds good
Old 10-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Oklahoma this past weekend. I cracked a baldy (doe) first thing Saturday morning. I never saw a buck. I'll head back down there this coming weekend for more of the same. I'm hoping the bucks start chasing does. It's a long drive (17 hours round trip) for 9 hours of hunting (worth every minute though). 10 states down, 40 more to go...!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

huck i hope you bring back a 200"
Old 10-30-2006, 05:25 PM

hey guys
well i didnt see the big boy this last weekend.i did find the signpost rubs again. the creekbottom i was hunting was full of little tree that were all tore up and then there were the big rubs. i found 3 big ones about in about a 50 yard plot. the deer really use this creek bottom to travel because its fairly open compared to the rest of the woods. friday night i didnt see anything but i heard some grunts to my right so i decided to hit the true talker and we got into a grunt war but he never came in. saturday mornig i saw 2 does and a spike. the spike was tearing up the little trees and came to drink out of the creek that was about 7 yards from me. it was kind of cool to watch him run those trees. i had on all of my winter gear on because it was cold out so i drew on the spike to see if hear would hear me or anything and he had no idea i was there. i drew and let down while he was like7 yards from me. saturday night i saw a 4 pointer and grunted to him and he came my way but got suspicous and left. tonite i went to the 80 acre farm my uncle owns and looked for some rubs and found a TON. i put a trail cam on one of the fence lines that borders the corn right in front of a fresh rub so hopefully i get some pics. well sorry about rambling on about nothing really but i thought it was kind of fun.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

post some of those pics when you get em

Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 AM

Well it was an unlucky weekend for me.

Saturday morning i missed a forker at 27 yards, just got the buck fever i guess, good clean miss though,
Sunday morning i had a button buck come in with an arrow in its back and took a shot....Hit the arrow, and broke it clean in half, saved that deer some trouble.
Sunday night i took my twin bro with me who has had little chance to hunt this year and put himin a climber about 25 yards down the trail. He was gonna video if anything came from behind me, well that same forker came in behind him and he got a shot off, but missed!

To top it all off my girlfriend got evicted from her place this week and i have been having to help her move, luckly she knows how ilove to hunt and she stole some of my steaks from last years deer and made me a super awesome dinner of venison steaks.

Well will be out all this coming weekend, especially as they are finally coming in to the rattleing--which the forker did both times we saw him, and the full moon sat.

Good luck guys!
Pines

Oh and p.s.
I found out my dog of 15 years has some illness and he probably wont make it through another winter so tonight and tomm i am taking him out to the feilds to have a couple of runs and some memeories and wednesday night we are having him put down. Rather he go out on a high than have to suffer a winter!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hate to hear that about your misses and especially your dog, i have had my beagle since i was in kindergarden and im now a sophmore in HS, he's an outside dog nd still in good shape.What kind is he?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:01 PM

Hes a Springer Spaniel...15 years old. Hes the dog i learned to hunt behind...
Old 10-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was too young when i got mine, if i had it to do over again i would have trained him to
Old 11-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

well guys, its that time the rut is getting ready to hit, we really need to be in the woods and start bringing home the big boys. I may still try to take the old bow out some but for the most part its muzzleloader for me, because that was my first passion. But to step up the level of difficulty during rifle i go to public land.

Quick Reply: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.