Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread >

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Team 24 is all accounted for. Iamyourhuckleberry checked in via PM and let us know that he will be on safari until Sept 3rd.

BTW, Cougar, please let the captain do the speaking for the team - thats his job.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry, I just like helping out or trying to. I am trying to do stuff for the team, i started the thread and im getting us another avatar option but it wont happen again
Old 09-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guy's our season opened today. I walked up on a 120 class 10 pt this morning, while going to move a stand. got within 35 yards but had no bow. I moved the stand to where I had been seeing a 140+ class buck but the only thing I saw was a coyote. I missed him. I put the wrong pin on him.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

why didnt you have a bow? we could already be on the board, im just kidding good luck on getting them
Old 09-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Cougars,
I didn't take my bow because I was going to have my hands full packing the stand out. I had to carry it over 1/2 mile. Even then the only shot I had was a Texas heart shot. So it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Be patient we will do fine & get on the board soon.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I just finished reading an awesome book by Don Higgins, titled "Hunting Trophy Whitetails in the Real World."

Don livesjust about 40 miles from me but although he hunts these same central Illinois bucks, his techniques should hold true throughout the country. This book opened my eyes to a whole new way of hunting and I can't wait to apply some of these "new" ideas this season. I highly suggest reading this book. It is a little on the expensive side, at $28 shipped, but well worth that many times over if it can get you to the next level in your hunting.

Check it out at http://www.higginsoutdoors.com/if you're interested.
Being so close, I really hope I can meet Don - he really seems like my kind of stand-up guy!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys, Let's give em hell!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Well i was up north this weekend and now i have a tough decision to make....Do i hunt north wi or se wisconsin.

Got a couple of nice spots up in Bowler on our new 40 acres.....and a spot where i see tons of deer down in south east wisconsin.....its a farm on the outskirts of town. Dont know what to do.......

Will post a pic of the buck i got on cam when i get home from school today....First day back, and on lunch break....almost forgot how much fun college is!

Pines
Old 09-05-2006, 12:36 PM

Hey Huck,

I think that duiker was your first buck right? So, Iamyourhuckleberry's contribution to the team is about 8"?

No big African bucks, ya hear?!

Sorry for intruding on your team's thread.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Home Huckleberry! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

Quick Reply: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.