Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread >

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 24 check in thread

Matt,

Me too! LOL.

How's your hunting going?
Old 10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

well huck,

my season is going alright, i killed a little button buck a couple of weeks ago and theres a good buck that ive been seeing but he seems to always out smart me and im in the wrong place.Overall i cant complain, i got my first bowkill so my hunting is going good
Old 10-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

iamyourhuckleberry, congrats on some great-sounding times and strengthened friendships!

Thanks guys for the congrats on my little buck... Hope everyone's season is going well.

C'mon guys, gettin' close to time to start bringing home the bacon!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt,

Stay afterthat big oneand he'll be yours to keep!Congrats on your bow kill!

Greg, Thanks! That was a fun adventure. Wyoming sure has a lot to offer hunters. I look forward to going back. Next time it will be with my bow (the rifle helped me get a monkey off my back).
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Well it has only been a week and i am as frustratd as all getout. I have 500 acre to hunt and have access to about 30 of it due to no 4 wheeler. I see does each time i go out but only on a NW wind and they keep coming in from the wrong direction.. i set up one way, they come a different, i change a bit they change . I need to get out and find some spots to hunt on a different wind.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

hows everyones season going? I am getting ready to head out for the final day of archery only season, im gonna try to take the first buck that i see!!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK boys... time to rally the troops andintensify our efforts! It's almost GAME-TIME!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

yup i agree, i looked at my bow season schedule and it ends friday but theres a juvenile hutn sat and sunday and ill probably use my bow one day and then next week is a bow season which is thru nov 3 then its muzzleloader and then bowseason opens up again nov 11 which is peak rut time.Im gonna give it my all in these remaining bow seasons because i still like muzzleloader and rifle hunting.Come on guys lets bring home the bacon
Old 10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

game time...some of yo are lucky...that dosent happen for another 2 months down here...
Hey Greg i went scoouting last night with what you told me and then had a hunt tonight, although it was drizzling and stuff i saw a couple of does, nad my friend sat on a different location, he to saw deer. So it is lloking promising
Old 10-25-2006, 09:25 PM

so last weekend was an early gun hunt for the cwd zones in wi. i only went out once and saw 2 does that i could have popped but it was getting late and it was sunday and i just got done with football practice so i was not really in the mood to do some gutting but i did discover a real nice rub line. tomorrow im headin up to my cabin for the 3 day weekend and am gonna hit the woods hard. word on the street is that the bucks are chasin the does already so i think i might do some rattling. last year i found some huge rubs on trees (not shrubs but actual trees 3-5 inchers) and they were tore up so some big boy had to do that. nobody really hunts this area too hard so i think hes still around. we own about 20 acres surrounded by about 20000 arces of pines and lots of deer. im really hopin the big boy will show himself so i can stick him. my friend is coming along and she is gonna tape the hunts so maybe i can get some footage. we are doing it like the pros like we are gonna be in the same tree and her stand will be above mine so that should be fun. well thats all i got so good luck.

Quick Reply: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.