Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 08-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Sounds like some great deer Diesel.Were the bigger onesMD deer ?
As for a phrase,sure why not.This is for fun so anything goes with me.
I tried to post a couple photos of some of my critters,we were having trouble getting them reduced.I'll see if I can post them over the next day or two.Heck we all love to see what others have taken.My problem is I never carry a camara(or own one)and hunt alone.So I never get a good in the field shot.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Are any of you hunting crop fields or food plots that you have planted ? We are getting ready to plant a fall harvest plot.Most likely rye or wheat or a mixture.There is also several acres of corn near by.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah all the deer are MD deer. Nothing is planted for hunting purposes, Its just planted crops that are rotated, soy and corn. Obviously when we have soy down it makes for a more enjoyable early season for multiple reasons, 1) I can scout and target deer feeding patterns better, and 2) the deer feed on soy like its candy so every other year is like a bonus year for me.

Sounds like you have a honey hole as well there Ohio

Old 08-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=55357123 3&ran=22306

Here are a couple of my bucks.
Diesel, the main area I plan on hunting does have some good deer.It is an area I started to learn last fall. Over the past 4 years I have lost a ton of hunting ground. Some changed ownership,some a jealous neighbor cost me after I arrowed the 14 pointer.
It seems like I stuck learning new ground every year.I lost my favorite spot after hunting it for 15 years.I had worked hard,and watched the quality of deer get better and better,and then it was gone.I might have a chance to get back on to that ground some this season.I got the boot off of it after a couple family members sayed they wanted to start hunting there.They never have hunted it since.A family member told me I might as well start hunting it again.We will see !!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow sounds like you got a bum deal there Ohio. Hopefully it will all pan out for ya. Some awesome bucks you have collected there.

Here are a few pics of some of mine. I have some other bigger ones that are display at a taxidermy

Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

another ....

Old 08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

one more ..... (I could post pics all day lol)

Old 08-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Land is getting harder to hold onto around here.The farms are all being sold off to land companies and broken off into lots.The coal companies have doubled the cost of lease ground in the last year.
You have some great bucks.I have another 13 pt and two big 10's mounted also.They are at the cabin.
Hopefully we can add some new photos this year.I won't mind paying my taxidermy bill.LOL
Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 AM

Funny how the taxidermist's bill[8D] or the air charter bill are never as hard to pay as the electric bill[:@][:@][:@][:@]. Some friends from NY are up here hunting deer. They spotted one of the monsters I had seen last year and two guys missed him with rifles at 30 yds!!! One guy shot a smaller buck an hour later. Some hunches I had earlier in the season proved true. The deer are in totally different country this year than normal. We had a very late spring and vegetation in the high country never fully ripened. The deer are staying lower than I've ever seen them until they get pushed down in November. I just hope the last guy with a tag doesn't put a bullet through that bruiser before I get a chance to arrow him...
Old 08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Well go get him,We won't complain if you shoot one before our seasons even open.

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.