HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2006 Deer Hunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2006-deer-hunting-contest-79/)
-   -   32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2006-deer-hunting-contest/152793-32-team-s-b-d-silent-but-deadly-official-thread.html)

Arjuna 08-20-2006 11:11 PM

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Alright guys, are you ready? I should be able to hunt in GA before the end of September. Then it's Alabama till the end of January.

Team 32

152. Diesel77
242. Booney160
41. KodiakArcher
342. goalie35
65. deerslayer270
92. krabbiepatty
76. labhunter
292. firemedic_79
62. Arjuna
26. Ohio Bowhunter75

goalie35 08-20-2006 11:19 PM

RE: Official Team 32 Check In Thread

yea i'm ready...hunting in WI begins Sept. 16th...ive got a site with a few nice deer by it.

Diesel77 08-21-2006 04:50 AM

Yeah Im ready to go.

Name is Andy, Im 41, Im married to a real understanding wife, live in Damascus Maryland. I hunt pretty much every day except Sundays (no hunting Sundays in MD) Sept 15th thru the middle of November when gun season comes in for 2 weeks, then its back to bowhunting until the season ends in Jan 31st.

Ive been scouting pretty regularly and have some nice bucks patterned for the early season which starts Sept 15th for Maryland.Last few seasons Ive bagged 140+ bucks so if my luck continues this year will be no different although I probably just jinxed myself.

I'll help carry our teams deadweight (labhunter) lol.
I work with him so that pretty cool we got on the same team. You may see us taking shots at each other butignore most of it or laugh along with us.

labhunter 08-21-2006 04:59 AM

I am ready as well... I am getting another stand location set up this week and have already moved one of my cameras to a different property so that I can get some of these bucks that I have seen on film. I hope to have some good pics soon to share w/ the team. I will be pulling the card out of another camera today in hopes of seeing something that gets me excited. Like Diesel77 September 15th for me too.

krabbiepatty 08-21-2006 08:57 AM

hello guys, I am ready to go also. I live in NC so my bucks here are not monsters, but I have 3 nice 8 pts I have been after since last year. I will start hunting on Sept 9 thru Jan 1 and I have a trip to Illinois planned Nov 11-18 which I am stoked about. I pretty much bow hunt all the time. My wife and kids like to go hunting with me as well. The worst part about hunting around home is that when gun season starts, the dog hunters run dogs all over the top of our still hunting club and it makes it almost impossible to pattern deer at this time. I look forward to being teammates with you guys.

labhunter 08-21-2006 11:38 AM

RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Well I was just trying to get to know the team a little better and was researching previous posts... Arjuna I am a little disappointed in your post where I am quoting you for a post about words or dislikes about hunitng shows. "4.) Fixating about the antler size."

What the team needs from you to fixate on antler size... Just don't let yourself get caught on tape talking about it.

Just kidding around... I hope that the southern branch of team 32 is extreeeeeeemly successfull!!!!

labhunter 08-21-2006 11:45 AM

Anyone have thoughts on a Team name????

Diesel77 08-21-2006 11:47 AM

What the team needs from you to fixate on antler size... Just don't let yourself get caught on tape talking about it.
here here!!! well said labhunter, its all about fixating on antler size Arjuna!

Hope you know we are just messin with ya, doesnt matter to me wether or not you shoot a button buck or a trophy, just get out there and enjoy yourself!! labhunter managed to harvest a real nice tree,and a real hammer of ashed along with the neighbors roof last season.

labhunter 08-21-2006 11:56 AM

Don't be upset because I have to walk 50 yards to a great hunting spot. And you are out of breath when you get to your stand. Remember the biggest buckslive, traveland feed in peoples backyards.... especially when you put out a spread. :D Just don't let Gary near your property

KodiakArcher 08-21-2006 03:53 PM

Hey guys! Well, I was hoping to have us off to an early start since I've been at it since 8/1 but haven't had anything worth tagging this early in the season. We've got until 12/31 up here. Being that I've got the longest season on the team I guess I better be pretty selective. I just hope I don't end up eating tag soup come January!!! If it's a P&Y buck it's getting shot at. My only obstacle is to make sure that my hunting partner, kodiakswildside (Wendy) from Team 9, doesn't shoot it first! I've got 20+ years bowhunting experience on her but she's got that damnable "lady" luck as well as "beginners" luck on her side... No worries, there's plenty of nice bucks up here to go around. We fly out a week from today to find some in the more remote parts of the island. Wish me luck.