Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

ORIGINAL: goalie35

Ok guys, how 'bout "Silent but Deadly" for a team name? 'Cause much like most farts, bow hunters are also silent but deadly...
hahahaha I like it!!! Im cool with whatever, maybe wait until the others check in until we make a final decision on the name but so far thats my #1 choice.

As far as the team captain, there isnt much to it except for making sure we post our bucks properly, bow, buck and hunter in the pics. Making sure we have everyone checked in and getting subs in the event some people dont check in etc ....
Yeah, Ohio Bowhunter was #29 on the whole list, I think thats a great idea if hes up for it.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Spike

ok, so are we going with the full "Silent but Deadly" of "Team SBD" ?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

I forgot to say what I'm shooting. I shooting a 2004 Hoyt magna tec w/cam 1.5,wisker bisq.,Beman ICS 340's tipped with Thunderhead 100's,viewed thru a toxonics fiber optic sight. I try to keep my set up simple and as trouble free as possible.This set up cost less than many new bows,but has always gotten the job done.I'm looking forward to a fun season with a few on the ground.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:07 AM

Looking at last year's results, if we all shoot a marginal 8 point or big 6 point we should come out on top pretty handily. Ten bucks scoring 88 would have won last year. No teams that I saw turned in ten bucks, there's something to shoot for!

Ohio Bowhunter75, you forgot to say whether you were interested in being team captain. If not I'd say that Diesel77 has experience from last year and seems to know the ins and outs as well as checks in to stay on top of things pretty regular... What say ye?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am shooting a Switchback XT...Whisker Biscuit rest. I have a Foxfire TP sight on it right now but I am thinking of switching to a Vital Gear sight. I have just started using Maxima 350 arrows and bought some G5 Montecs a couple weeks ago and they fly GREAT. I will stick with them for hunting this year. Oh yeah , my name is Kevin. My nephews called me Krabbin which evolved into krabbiepatty (spongebob squarepants cartoon) so that is how my name happened. Good luck to everyone.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

I thought the name was most likely spounge bob related.I have two boys,so I've seen it alot over the years.
As far as team captain goes,What ever the group decides is fine with me.
My team finished 2nd last year,but still got our butts kicked.To many no kills.I settled for an 8 pt last year right before the gun season,just for the team points.It was the first 8 pt I had shot in years.I normally will hold out for atleast a 10 pt. and P&Y minimum.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

I sent e-mails out to our three lost sheep.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

im here guys..soprry about that...i cant frggnwait for this season to start..... im startin to shake
Old 08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hello everyone. I wasn't expecting teams to be picked until Sept 1st. What a cool surprise. I'm in Missouri, hunting in a county with a rule of at least 4 points on one side. I took my biggest deer last year netting 108". Not big by midwest standards, but big enough to get my blood pumping. Season here is Sept 15 - Jan 31. Hunting with a 2005 Diamond Victory, Carolina WB, Trophy Ridge Matrix V-drive sight, Easton Axis 400 arrows with Montec 100gr broadheads. I have jumped several bucks setting stands and cameras the past few weeks, and actually went to look at leasing an additional 210 acres this evening. I will hopefully get some camera pics soon that I can post on our discussion board. In regard to the team name, Team SBD is fine with me if everyone likes it.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Team Silent But Deadly is finewith me.

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.