Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread >

28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM

Default RE: 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Not to sound like a Jerk to anyone thats got a deer on the scorecard but who measures their deer and how do we know that its the correct score???
Old 10-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea ohio bowhunter's buck doesnt exactly spell out 160 to me[&:]
Old 10-16-2006, 07:53 PM

Glad I am not the only one
Old 10-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

check out his team thread there's a bit better picture in there. It explains that he had an official measurer come in and check it and stuf, he's cool. I already talked to rob.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i was close , there has been some sightings around the area of one of my stands of a buck that is supposibly bigger then my dads 8 point he shot with a gun 2 winters ago that went 130' , and last night i didnt seee a deer , until i lost sight of my pins in the darkness. it was then that i heard what sounded like a very upset human walking on a string right to me from about 80 yards out , the crunching came right in to about 30 yards , and in teh dark all i could make out was a huge hind end of a deer as it slipped right through one opening and into the thick stuff again. Last thursday my buddies dad was in that stand and said he had an absolute pig under him at pitch dark , he could see the white horns in the dark , but in my area of PA they have to have atleast 4 points on one side to shoot , and my friends dad couldnt seem to find a brow tine , so he couldnt shoot , it was once the deer walked out of the woods , and into a field where there was more light that he saw the brows , but it was too late by then.....

So hes hangin around , now all he has to do is make a mistake , and with the rut right around the corner id say the odds r in my favor, the only dilemma is there is another hunter that hunts about 125 yards from me , and this brute uses the thicket between our stands , maybe sunday ill have to take a trip back and spread some human hair around lol.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres a deer i'll be huntin this weekend.. Then im heading to IL for a hunt in a week... so hopefully i'll tag out soon.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:51 PM

Good luck to all....I am heading out in the Morning, to see what there is to see, maybe get a shot.... there is a low that is coming through in the afternoon so maybe they will be on their feet early....
Old 10-19-2006, 06:10 AM

WellI haven't had any luck thus far. This time last year I had two does under my belt. I'll take anything that walks by for now unless its a small buck. I've seen a nice one but he's one step ahead of me.

Good luck to eveyone.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Well I was just checking in to see how everyones doing thus far...Things have been absolutely crazy around here lately w/ work and all....Good news is that in one more week I will be off until Nov.14 I will be leaving on the 27th off Oct. to hunt Northern MO and for 7 days and then return to the family farm to hunt up until the firearms opener...I can't wait things have been unseasonably cool here and the deer are starting to get up and move around a little more...I am actually going to peel away from here in a few minutes to get in a evening hunt....My Bro-n-law killed this nice 8pt. last night on my parents farm...The cool thing is he got this buck out of the same stand I got my 9pt. out of last year...He killed him out of a winter wheat plot at a distance of 27yds. while the big guy was working a scrape...The Ruts Near!!!!!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:48 PM

You dont know how happy I was to see a pic of a dead buck on our thread then I read the story.........Well tell your brother in law Good Job.......and Good Luck to you....I have the next two days off and I am taking the 1st through the 7th off to sit in a stand......I can smell the Rut, its almost here...

Quick Reply: 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.