HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
DoubleLung55
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 28- Team "Backstraps by Broadheads" Official Thread

well i was close , there has been some sightings around the area of one of my stands of a buck that is supposibly bigger then my dads 8 point he shot with a gun 2 winters ago that went 130' , and last night i didnt seee a deer , until i lost sight of my pins in the darkness. it was then that i heard what sounded like a very upset human walking on a string right to me from about 80 yards out , the crunching came right in to about 30 yards , and in teh dark all i could make out was a huge hind end of a deer as it slipped right through one opening and into the thick stuff again. Last thursday my buddies dad was in that stand and said he had an absolute pig under him at pitch dark , he could see the white horns in the dark , but in my area of PA they have to have atleast 4 points on one side to shoot , and my friends dad couldnt seem to find a brow tine , so he couldnt shoot , it was once the deer walked out of the woods , and into a field where there was more light that he saw the brows , but it was too late by then.....

So hes hangin around , now all he has to do is make a mistake , and with the rut right around the corner id say the odds r in my favor, the only dilemma is there is another hunter that hunts about 125 yards from me , and this brute uses the thicket between our stands , maybe sunday ill have to take a trip back and spread some human hair around lol.