Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Hello returningchumps oops I mean "CHAMPS" just wondering how you got yer logo for the t-shirts last year. Would like to do the same thing for Team 41 this year. You guys rocked the contest last year. I think the t-shirt thing was a excellent idea. Wear yer shirts proud "XX"
Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, the guys and I came up with the logo and design...I took the idea to a local print shop over in Spokane Wa. They took our idea and shot me a few emails of their art work. Simple as that, as soon as they came up with what I liked we give them the go ahead to print 10 of them...they ended up turning out pretty sweet... good luck..

Troy

p.s. Hunted till dark last night.. .NOTHING...
Old 09-28-2006, 04:56 PM

Hey gents...

Just letting you all know that I'm still alive. I started my new job on Monday and it's been hectic. I found out yesterday that one of the three nice bucks I've been watching this year got shot last weekend during the youth hunt - 12 pt - just shy of 21 inches on the inside spread. Oh well, there are a few other shooters that had been hanging out with him as well.

Can't wait until Sunday...I will be out in the a.m. for sure!

Until later....good luck, great fun, and better memories.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow we lost a week of posts...

Ryan THANKS! bud..for the gift and the CD

Mike, got it last night..thanks for the CD

Everyone else... I will be gone for the weekend Stugeon fishing..best of luck hunting
Old 10-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

A whole week lost? LOL That's kinda funny.

Troy - have a ball Sturgeon fishing. Those looks likea pretty good time.

Good luck this weekend Sum. I need to find a way to convince the wife to head out for a "Girls Weekend" sometime around the rut. That would be great.

Dave - On the trapping thing - just borrow somebody's .22 or .22 mag with a good scope. Stay back at around 15 yards and crack him in the head. A shotgun blast would damage the cage, and it wouldn't work right anymore.

Last night's hunt was a nightmare. First, I pull in and realize that I forgot my hunting boots, so I had to hunt in my Florscheims. Not good. I do this stuff all the time - I get so wound up about where I'm hunting and how I'm getting there that I forget things (important things) like my boots or my bow. So anyway, I head up over the hill and find a nice spot (looking quite dapper in my shiny brown shoes), I look around a bit and there's a nice new Summit climber that somebody else left sitting at the bottom of a black cherry tree. So I move to another area, bumping deer and sweating like a pig the whole time. I'm pretty agitated at this point. I find a spot and climb this slick maple that didn't seem to like my treestand very much.

As luck would have it, I'm not in the stand for five minutes, and here come two fawns. They hung out for a while and left. This is pretty good. (I hear thunder in the distance at 6:15.) At 6:30 thunder is getting closer. A three pointer comes through. Hmmm.... I think I can stick it out until dark at 7, since the deer are up and moving. 6:45, the sky lights up with lightning - BOOM - it's close. I figure it's time to get out in a hurry. The wind picks up. I get down and pack everything up and throw my stand on my back, only to realize that I left my bino's hanging 20 feet up in that miserable tree. Back up I go. Now it's really coming. Wind is whipping, trees snapping, lightning pounding all around me. No sooner I get down for the second time, and it starts POURING. Florsheims ruined. Then, like a human lightning rod, I strapped that treestand on my back and hotfooted it off the ridge. I wanted to get off the high point (to keep from getting zapped), so I had to take the long route through a bunch of soaking wet thickets. I spent the whole evening last night washing/drying my hunting clothes and doing my best to salvage my wingtips. For the record, the shoes are okay. So I guess it was a bad night, but I saw deer, so that was good.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see it now.....The Danner Wingtip...only $599 lol. Look at it this way, you saw a few and didn't get zapped by lightning....plus some serious style points for rocking the wingtips in the deer stand. Kudos to Fran.[8D]
Old 10-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,
You are just to funny! Dedicated as heck but funny! You deserve a good outcome based on your committment and perseverence.Good luck!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Fran - sorry to hear about that - sounds like the rain was not quite as hard on the wingtips as my old roommates Britney Pup. That was the lesson in how to turn two week old Florscheims into chew toys - also chewed the backs off of a pair of Dexter Boat shoes (those did at least get those sewed up with some close to matching leather) - but the wingtips were toast.

The good news is we now have a good sponsor lead for Team XX! - I can see it now the new gortex line - just in case!!

We won't talk about the stuff that I can forget (especially Ryan and Troy!!)

Troy - best of luck on the fish hunt! - those are big dudes!! - Going with Rob?

Best of luck to all - Mike
Old 10-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, I can not remember what my measurements were. I will have to remeasure. I am just going to put the pic. in here so I will be able to load it to the the score post.
What do you guys think of the turkey fan mount? Not bad for the first one.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

OH, I never got to tell my story..... second day of season, and I am at work all night with the plan to hit the woods as soon as I got out of work... good plan I thought...so I punch out and go tothe truck and start changing in the parking lot.... the factory is not very sent free, so the back of the truck is as good as it gets..... I am getting dressed and drip, drip..... it starts to sprinkle, on my way to the hunting property I only had to use the wipers when I was behind the other vehicles..... I had not seen anything to speek of in the areas I had hunted allready, so I opted to hit another stand to see how the action there was..... got to the stand and put up my handy-dandy umbrella (dang cool thing) for the first time.... first light comes and I can not sit still.... this stand is in the corner of a grass field, not at the corner, but 45 yards from two of the sides and several acres to the other sides.... so I have a 360 view and can not seem to wonder what could be moving in every direction.... I have been up now for 26 hours now and was running out of gas to be sitting in a tree, in the rain, (but dry) and here comes a buck, pulled up the range finder, ranged him at 40 yards, put them down and grabbed the AR, waited till he cleared the branch in my shooting window and gave a grunt to get him to stop, another grunt, desperate one more grunt.... didn't want anything to do with me and kept walking.... I put the pin on his shoulder a little foward and let it rip..... man it takes a long time for that arrow to get 40 yards at a deer.... the target seems so much faster... waited about 15 min and went to check for my arrow.... lots of blood, so I went home and picked up my brother in law and went back to look for it... by the time we got back to the property, 1.5 hours later, it was a full blown thunder and lightening storm... staying out of the field was our only game plan.... we found the deer 30 yards into the woods from the field.... I was so happy... I dont hunt to loose deer, and thats why I rarely hunt in the rain.
We found the deer in an unusual position, it had all four of its legs tucked up under it.... I think it had bedded down and blead out.... kind of neet.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.