HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - (20) Official Team "XX" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 12:21 AM
AR 34 eight point
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

OH, I never got to tell my story..... second day of season, and I am at work all night with the plan to hit the woods as soon as I got out of work... good plan I thought...so I punch out and go tothe truck and start changing in the parking lot.... the factory is not very sent free, so the back of the truck is as good as it gets..... I am getting dressed and drip, drip..... it starts to sprinkle, on my way to the hunting property I only had to use the wipers when I was behind the other vehicles..... I had not seen anything to speek of in the areas I had hunted allready, so I opted to hit another stand to see how the action there was..... got to the stand and put up my handy-dandy umbrella (dang cool thing) for the first time.... first light comes and I can not sit still.... this stand is in the corner of a grass field, not at the corner, but 45 yards from two of the sides and several acres to the other sides.... so I have a 360 view and can not seem to wonder what could be moving in every direction.... I have been up now for 26 hours now and was running out of gas to be sitting in a tree, in the rain, (but dry) and here comes a buck, pulled up the range finder, ranged him at 40 yards, put them down and grabbed the AR, waited till he cleared the branch in my shooting window and gave a grunt to get him to stop, another grunt, desperate one more grunt.... didn't want anything to do with me and kept walking.... I put the pin on his shoulder a little foward and let it rip..... man it takes a long time for that arrow to get 40 yards at a deer.... the target seems so much faster... waited about 15 min and went to check for my arrow.... lots of blood, so I went home and picked up my brother in law and went back to look for it... by the time we got back to the property, 1.5 hours later, it was a full blown thunder and lightening storm... staying out of the field was our only game plan.... we found the deer 30 yards into the woods from the field.... I was so happy... I dont hunt to loose deer, and thats why I rarely hunt in the rain.
We found the deer in an unusual position, it had all four of its legs tucked up under it.... I think it had bedded down and blead out.... kind of neet.