Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Ditto what Troy said Scott. We came close, and battled it out to the bitter end, but just weren't able to seal it. I'm still taking the lion's share of the blame, b/c I shot my treestand like an idiot. That would've madea difference and put us within striking distance, (and not put the pressure on ourteammatesto go out and shoot a 160" buck down the homestretch). [8D] Dam treestands...

By the way, I say next year, we start some kind of salary cap thing for this contest,so thatif our team is dissolved, we'll be highly touted free agents, maybe be able to cash in on a one-year deal on a team looking to add a power hitter to the lineup. LOL Ahhh, maybe I've just been watching too much ESPN.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick, I like the cap idea!

As far as pressure...goes, I take all the blame..The captain is suppose to come through and I didnt. Ironically last season was the first season since I was 12 years old that I didnt kill a whitetail buck here in my home state and 10 seasons with the bow. 25 year streak down the drain! ... They all have to end sometime I guess, it wasn't for a lack of effort or opportunity, insteadI would say different goals.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't take all the blame shed, I shot a mutant with basicly one side to him. I passed a buck that would have probably scored better the week before....guess thats why its called hunting lol. Its been great getting to know you guys.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even with the streak down the drain, somethin' tells me that you'll do just fine in the future, Shedster. And Dave - you'll have your chance to redeem yourself this year at deer camp. Maybe shoot a deer with two antlers this time. [8D][8D]

By the way, Ryan says he has a birthday coming up. Make sure you guys tease him about getting old.

Man, I better get back to work. Lazy today.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I shot a mutant with basicly one side to him.
LOL thanks dave.. well if you put it that way! Yeah its been great, lots of fun, I hope you kill that hawg you were after in Muzzleloader...

Quick, if and when you get the*** of MR. O.. we talked about..email them someday.. Still looking forward to that..
Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

And Dave - you'll have your chance to redeem yourself this year at deer camp. Maybe shoot a deer with two antlers this time. [8D][8D]
I'll try not to shoot my stand with the 270 Franny.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
I shot my treestand like an idiot.
Suddenly i feel a whole lot better about myself as i realize i am not the only loser. Top plank of my permanent stand cost me a nicebull 2 years ago. Worst part was the bull just stood there, however my string/cable came off, after a few unsucessful knifing attempts i gave up. Broadhead mark will be there to haunt me forever.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, if we are taking the blame, I can say that I will take some of it too. The 9 pointer that I shot during gun season, scored around 125 to 130. I had a shot at him 1 week before that with my bow, but my arm hit the tree, and I shot about 2" over his back. Prfet shot too,15 yards broadside, standing there looking at me. When I got him with my gun, he had broken a point off in the week in between, so that woiuld have put him closer to 135" to 140".[:@]So you all cant take all of the blame.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys can keep fighting over blame, but that does little to ease the pain of me and Mike's backs from carrying you guys all season. [8D]Just messin fellas, you'd be hard pressed to find another group of guys who busted your butts so hard this season.

I got to get some pictures of my new arrival yesterday. It's a Lake Valley longbow. 62", 50# @28". Sweet looking bow. I got a dozen cedar arrows being made up for me. Can't wait to start practicing.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rybo - SWEET man! Can't wait to see the pics.

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.