Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:25 AM

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Yeah, we had a prety nasty wind yesterday but it was in the right direction so I thought,, what the heck.. It s just hard to stay warm in the wind when your body hasn't adjusted to cooler temps yet.. the deer will start running pretty soon and the added benifit of corn going bye bye will mean a lot more sightings... That, and the fact that the leaves are starting to turn and fall means the sight lines won't be only 10 feet in the woods..

Old 10-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Struggled waking up this morning and by the time I did wake up, I was going to be late so I didn't go out. Headed out this evening to a real hit or miss place. Generally I feel the property isn't very good, or at least I can't figure it out. There's one spot that has oaks and when they drop the deer are there big time. Recent years though they haven't been dropping. We'll see this year.

I checked my logs...I've hunted twice as many hours this season as compared to last season so far. Sometimes I think having more time to hunt doesn't really mean anything better is going to happen. I'm struggling to keep a roatation to keepstands from getting burned out.

Fran this weekend is out for me hunting, gotta work, my only chance might be a saturday evening hunt before I go back in to work.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep after it guys, the season is still very young. I will be in my tree lounge this evening hunting a great scrape... Ryan I showed it to you.

Tomorrow morning I have a ground blind to hunt. Theres a tall tined beast using this spot. It will be my first time hunting this set up. The thermals will be right for about 2 hours...

I am determined to kill a good one off the ground this year...

My brother will be joining me with his rifle..but sitting far enough away from me to not bother my bowhunting. Its a big area. Rob will probably kill old Grey.. LOL

Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck this weekend fellas.

I'm on wife duty tonight and tomorrow night, but tomorrow a.m., I'll give it a shot. Ryan, if I see anything great down there, I'll let you know, and you can give it a whirl if you get burned out around home.

I'm gonna toy with some mock scrapes tomorrow, and set one at each of a few pre-selected stand sites. I just got my order of scents for '06, so we'll see what happens.

This year, I'll be using Jackie's Deer Lures Mock Scrape Powder (2 pounds for 6.00), MDR 24-7 doe estrus granular, Tink's doe in rut powder, and Kishel's curiosity scent- incidentally, Jackie's Deer Lures is for sale. For a cool $600,000.00, you could own your own little slice of whitetail paradise, complete with a 3-br home, big 14-acre fenced enclosureand 50 head of whitetail deer, including but not limited to a few giant buck, an albino, and a piebald.

Dave - Redbirds need a win BAD. Do or die for the Carp. I hate the Mets. I've hated 'em since Daryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden were in town. Hope your boys take 'em to the woodshed.
Troy - best luck to you and Rob this weekend. Hope your luck is better than mine.
Mike - that's gotta be killingyou, not beingable to get out there, but you'll get your chance in Nov,in prime time.
Anthony - Hope that corn comes offsoon - who do the Cats play this weekend?

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Old 10-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

hey guys, I'm back on the horse. Shot a doe last night from the ground at 15 yds. A smallish one, but hunting them from the ground sure is fun. Probably won't get out again till monday evening. Hope to read some bucks down for us this weekend.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:40 AM

HOW ABOUT THOSE TIGERS??? Yeh, us folks in Michigan have been waiting a long time for this. Well, I hope to get out tomorrow morning but I don't know if it's going to happen. We have an open house tomorrow...maybe I can get out tonight!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the doe Rybo. I went out this morning, nothing....again. I am washing all my clothes, going to let them air dry, and heading to my honey hole this PM. i need a doe a least...the pressure is mounting lol.

HOW BOUT THOSE CARDINALS????????
Old 10-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, pressed for time, but I had time for a quick check-in.

Congrats on the doe Ryan. Hopefully those bucks will start materializing soon.

I went out yesterday am, saw seven deer, three bucks, but nothing worth shooting - a unicorn spike, a six pointer and really nice five point that was out to his ears.Got to watchthem fight at about 5 yards, butthat was the first day I didn't take my camera.

Mybuddy had an opportunity on ashooter, but wasn't able to get drawn before he passed out of range.

Better days ahead.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe Ryan, good shootin. It sure is a lot of fun from the ground.

GO Tigers!!!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well in there hunting, I think we will be seeing some bone for this team soon, the bucks should be starting to get a little crazy and want to get some nookie soon.

Went on Pheasent hunt this weekend, itsa boys over night hunt, and we all had a great time. Came home with 6 birds and the company was just great. I hope to get my butt out for some hunts this week.
Good luck to all of you.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy Guys,

I had a very eventful weekend... and have picked up valuable info on my big buck!My brother got a 2.5 year old 6x5...as well.....I passed up two dandy 4x4's 3.5 year oldsbut better yet I had the Grey buck cruise by me at about50 yards... ..I heard him coming at first and thought it was an elk he was making so much noise in the thicket of brush and timber...I just watched him slip by behind me about 60-70 yards...he then movedabout 60 yards above my position and stopped and rubbed a tree for about 5 minutes..then headed off towards his bedding area...I contemplated calling him...but my gut told me to hold off, move my stand...and get closer to his route...thats what I have done..my stand is moved..he used this in the morning..I need a morning to hunt him..have to work all week...Sat..will be my first time back in there..

Rob and I set two new stands...they are in SWEET SPOTS... I saw 4 other bucks this weekend, 6 cows and 1 spike bull...all the elk came into bow range..my tag isnt good until the last week of OCT though...all I could do was watch them right below me...

I am stoked...ole grey buck looked awesome.. big bodied, goodness..hes a beast...and wide racked.. lol! I still couldnt make out forsure if he hadg-4s or not..hes either a huge 4x4 (huge 4x4 to me in my areais 150 plus..)orbig 5x5 with small g-4s ...nevertheless hes alive and cruising through my funnel..I saw him 45 minutes after daylight sat morning. He had no idea i have moved in on his travel route..Theres only one problem..I believe he is using this route to get to a pond...its been DRY...but now it is raining like HECK! I sure hope he continues touse this route with all this rain...he most likely will to target doe groups in the bottoms...down there as well.. Scrapes are opening up too...all over

Sunday I got drenched...saw one small buck... 4 does...tis it...

I'll get pics of my brothers buck..up today..

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.