Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:31 AM

Default RE: Official Team (29) Thread

Well maybe you can get off of work early and get a couple hours in the field.Good luck when you do go.And be safe.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:39 AM

I went and got some new arrows new site and new rest.Spent lil more then I preffered but I Had my bow paper tuned, sited in at 20 yards and chrono'ed by the time I left.Got the true glo sites with a light,Trophy Taker drop away rest and 6 new Gold Tip Hunters to boot.granted I could of gotten a better set of sites.But I will do that a little later in the season.The important thing to me for now was getting better sites that I can see in low light.With the light I can deffinately see in low light now.The site pins themselves have 3 times as much fiber in them as my old ones.So i am happy with what I got for myself this evening.
my bow is shooting 269 fps which is a very good speed if you ask me.Tomorrow I have for more pins to get set up and sighted in.Now I will have my bow set up and sited in to shoot up to 60 yards.but I highly doubt I will shoot more then 45 unless i havea calm day and the deer has no clue I am there.Having to wait for a weeek or 2 before I get my digital game tracker camera.But even then it will be doing me some good.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:07 AM

I think you will really like the Trophy Taker, at firstI was concerned about the arrow falling off but after shooting it a while, its of no concern. I did fully wrap mine in moleskin right away as it seems noisy out of the box. Then again,I cant think of a rest I havent wrapped in moleskin. When do you open up again?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:11 PM

Oct 1st for me.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:29 PM

have sent acouple of emails but they didn't go through. Yes I'm still in but have been in the bush so no computer. Back to the bush next week for another wack. Had a nice 5x5 come in but little wind swirl, a snort and he was gone. Know where he is so maybe next week.
stephen
Old 09-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Yes I'm in. Been in the bush last couple of weeks so haven't been at my computer. Have seen couple of littleones but only one with some nice mass. He's a nice 5x5 with some good mass. Well will be giving it another wack next week.
stevoja (stephen)
Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 PM

Glad to hear ya got your new rest - you'll like the Trophy Taker..... I love mine
Old 09-17-2005, 08:44 PM

I was practicing today and sightin.I had a small accident. LOL I lost 2 arrows.I was drawing my bow back and my release came off sending a arrow out behind my barn where it wont be found.Then drew back on another and same thing happened.I got to looking at everything seeing if something wasnt right.I found out that my string loop was worn out and it was very thing making my release slip off.So i lost 2 brand new Gold Tip's.I have to go to Walmart tomorrow and buy a new package of release loops.Glad i seen they sold them.Now for my bow and sighting it in.I have 5 pins. first pin I shot dead on at 20 yards.Then moved back to 30 and used same pin.Then went back to 40 and shot next pin down.Shot too high.I can use my 20 and 30 yard pin at 40 yards dead on.Then moved back to 50 yards and had to finally use my 2nd pin.Then back to 60 yards and used 3rd pin.I am hitting the kill zone every shot from 60 in.I am not planning on going any further out so wont need any more pins.Was thinking about trying 70 to see if I could.But not to worried about it.Though I do have one stand that 60 to 80 would be perfect for the trail they are coming out of.Only tree I can hunt and it is about 65 yards from where they come out at.I am getting my release loop tomorrow and then it is time to practice with my broadheads on to make sure I am hitting same as my target points.
So last night I got everything put on paper tuned and chrono'ed at gander mountain.I was worried about getting everything done this close to the season but I am tickled to death about how well it worked out.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:00 PM

I just saw that someone posted another buck for there team.The last 2 guys have done there pictures wrong.This may cause the deer not to be scorable for there team.When we shoot a buck we need to make sure we have a good picture and the rules state that " Must have full body of buck in the pic,bow must be showing and of course the tag must be present,as well as you being in the picture." I am sorry for having to feel the need to make this post but I am just making sure we dont make any mistakes so we an count all of our bucks.i guess if they dont get to count there bucks with there team it will be good for us but it is a bad thing in general.So lets make sure we do it exactly as the rules have it posted.
If anyone needs help on learning how to score there dear then let me know.I can post a thread on how to do it.Good luck this weeke MN on your hunt.I sat in one of my stands this evening and had 5 does walk by never knew I was there.I was sitting there in blue jeans and a T shirt.I heard a buck tearing up a tree a little out of my sight.he was doing this over by the oak flat that I am set up not too far from.I could also hear several dear eating the acorns and moving around.I am sitting at the end of a saddle in between the oaks and the pasture that is full of clover in the corner about 40 yards from where my stand is at.The oaks are in between 2 doe bedding area's.I am in a hot spot and it will get very active when the pre rut begins.There is also another doe bedding area not to far from the pasture so i am actually in between 3 doe bedding area's.i cant wait for the first couple of weeks of November.I am going to wait until i see a for sure P&Y buck.I have no doubt I will have atleast 1 this year and I have a strong possibility.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM

Illinois that was tough luck on your string loop and losing those arrows! Other than that it sure sounds like you have everything working the way you want. That's great.

Yes, we do need reminded of what needs to be in our buck photos. Here in PA the buck must be tagged before dragging him out - just have to remember the tag is visible in the photo. And believe me, when I get my buck there will be many photos and I'm sure I will be grinning ear to ear! LOL Doesn't hurt to think positive.

As for me, of course I am still practicing every day. I'm finally getting my groups a little more consistent. I did break another arrow a few days ago though. I don't know if I mentioned it here or not (my bad if I did). Anyway, I have my target (a black hole like the block) standing up on end with the handle on top. Damned if I didn't shoot one high and hit the top edge of the target hitting the nail that holds the handle on! Needless to say another carbon arrow split on the end..... That's like hitting the needle in the haystack! Not much else is happening here...just waiting for the season to start......

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.