Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread >

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:47 AM

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

I hope you all havenice opening days.... I will not be hunting for another month....

May you all have safe hunts... God Bless

BAG EM AND DRAG EM !!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:20 AM

Got myself a doe at 6:35 just after day light.So a good morning for hunting.This evening I am going after one of my bigguns I want on my wall.Will let you all know how it turns out.
Hope you all are having a good day like myself.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:49 PM

Well opening day was not exciting at all. It was 40 degrees when I went out and I was freezing! Heck I can handle colder days so I don't know what the problem was today. Anyway, I didn't see a thing in the morning. On my way in for the afternoon/evening I found an area with about 15 rubs. Some of the rubs were pretty high up the trees. A bunch of trails cross right there - should have a stand in one of the oak trees there So I begin walking towards my stand and I see movement. Here comes a doe trotting along pretty quick. Then a spike buck comes along hot on her trail. She circles around and then is headed straight towards me thn stops dead in her tracks. I had no cover and was just standing there with her at 20 yards. Suddenly she turned and ran with little spike trailing right behind her. Seems early for that kind of behavior but I guess if she was ready early then so was he. That's all I saw today.... Still it was a good day in the woods.

Congratulations on the doe Illinois..
Old 10-01-2005, 07:36 PM

Ill, congrats on the doe, and it sounds like the coyote screwed tonight up.......and then you returned the favor. Good work.

Jen, I have heard other reports of some light bucks chasing, I'm guessing just early horomones kicking in, but still fun to watch. Good luck if your out tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:39 PM

yeah a lot of the young bucks are chasing already.They dont know what to do with this lil feeling they are having.I am heading out with the climber in the morning.Setting up a lil further back.This AM the bucks came past before first light.So iw ill be ready for them in the morning.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:42 PM

Save some arrows for when that buck shows up Illi!!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:08 PM

Jen or Illi or whoeverelse is hunting, any good sightings this weekend? I know Illinois had a great weekend even without a buck sighting. I am looking forward to the weekend, and its only monday....[:'(].
Old 10-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Illinoise congrats on the doe,, sorry I havent been around for a while, My moms been pretty sick the last few weeks, so I have been staying with her. I am home now so I will try to keep up a little better. Ten more days and I will be on vacation and huntting, I don't think it could go by any slower.. good luck to everyone who is hunting now, hope you all bag the big one your after.. talk to you all later..
Old 10-04-2005, 08:00 PM

Hey team, just checking in. Haven't made it out yet. Our second son was born Sunday 10/2/05 at 4:30 pm. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow evening as my mother-in-law in coming down to stay with wife and little ones. Good job on the doe Illinois, I always like to shoot a doe right off to take the edge off and get some more confidence for the shot on a nice buck. Good Luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:17 PM

Congrats on the baby moon, I'm sure you are very proud ...and glad to get some relief. Good luck with the hunt.

Bowfreak, sorry to hear about your mom and hope she is doing better. Good luck with your hunt too. I cant get back out until friday.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.