Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread! >

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Old 08-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 18 Thread!

I'm busy sweating my arse off at the power plant wishing I was trimming shooting lanesat the lease[&o].
Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM

I hear you X. For the past 3 years I've sat at a desk and hung out on the board 8 hours a day. Now I'm done with work and starting school so my time on the site is a bit more limited.(no internet access at home) Although it shouldn't effect my time in the woods. That's a happy thought!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Xtec,

We may get the prize for the least talkative group

DaveC,

I will trim a few for you this afternoon. I am hanging a stand in a new spot and clearing some lanes this afternoon, which I normally enjoy but I pulled a muscle in my back hanging one this weekend so I have kind of been gimpimg around but it's getting down to crunch time so the back is just going to have to hurt.

adams,

Good luck with school and the upcoming season!
Old 08-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Well busy on my side too, mowed some fields to get ready for planting oats, chicory and clover. Hopefully the effort will payoff...
-fsh
Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Well if we are out in the woods planting whatever, hanging stands, cutting shooting lanes and scouting while all these other yahoos that have tons of time on their hands sitting on the computer BSing....I think we'll have one leg up on them. LOL!!!

I set two more stands this past weekend and I'm just about ready to fly. I've got 6 portables set and 3 more places preped for the climber.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Silent, don't go getting all tore up right before season .
I borrowed 2 lock-ons to give that route a try this year and they were homemade jobs weighing in at 45 & 50#! I employed the hanging abilities of the owner sinceI had never hung a lock on before. watching him lift those behemoths into place has me wondering how to get them down . I won't be surprised if the tree's they're in have a substantial lean to them by the time season is over .

My off time has been spent building a box blind my wife; son and I can all sit in. I wishI had started it sooner. I can shoot a bow from it if a semi-rainy day forced me in it, but mostly I built it for the wife and son to hunt from.

Trimming shooting lanes, I'm jealous.

Xtec, I've got 3 fixed stands in place and two climbersI normally hunt from. I've been on this lease going on 10 years and have some old standby trees, but am always looking for new trees to hunt from.
I've been trying to figure out where to set up my portable ground blind but keep drawing a blank.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Silent, don't go getting all tore up right before season .
I borrowed 2 lock-ons to give that route a try this year and they were homemade jobs weighing in at 45 & 50#! I employed the hanging abilities of the owner sinceI had never hung a lock on before. watching him lift those behemoths into place has me wondering how to get them down . I won't be surprised if the tree's they're in have a substantial lean to them by the time season is over .
My back did good yesterday. My lock-ons are home made jobs as well. They are all welded and weigh about 40 lbs a piece. I typically climb the tree with my climber and then lift them up to hang them. I took the machete and cut a path into the stand and then trimmed shooting lanes etc. and got the stand and EZ hanger hung yesterday. So I have 3 lock-ons up right now and two reserved for my Illinois hunt and one set as a back up if I need a quick move and get get a climber in the tree that I need to.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glads to hear your back is mo-batta.
I had planned to machete a trail to one of the lock ons but when i went back to do it there was deer poop at the base of my stand and a trail coming from where I had planned to walk in at[:'(]. So I backed out and walk in from another direction and hope for the best. Not the best way to go about it. But That 45#er is where it's at & I do plan on moving it unlessI have to!
I've got to make one more trip back in before season to hang my pull ropes and bow hangers, after thatI won't return with out a bunch of sharp sticks and pocket full of tags!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

I'm curious.....what are the ages of everyone on the team? Ohhh and I suppose maybe toss out a little bio. This may have been discussed, but I'm too lazy to look back at ALL of our pages of posts. lol

Me...
29, married, one 16 month old boy, bow hunted for 7 years now and have hunted since around age 14 for about everything MN has. I only have doe as bow kills. Holding out for something to toss on the wall. It's starting to get frustrating to a point though. Every little basket six..basket 8 that go about 110-115" and under that I let go get nailed by the gun dudes. Oh well. I'll stick to my goals though.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

A little bio- 33.75 y/o
Married w/ a 2.75 y/o son- soon to be deer hunter

I'm going on my 10th current bow season of seriously hunting. There were 3 before whileI was in highschool, but never even saw a deer on stand.
I've killed 2 nines and 2 eights with my bow. I was holding out for a while but year after year of seeing the bucksI passed during bow season on the skinning rack during gun season has lowered my expectations on my main lease. I decided last year to enjoy the hunt & the kill if a decent 8 or up was to show up. 115"? I'll decide when he shows up. But to tell you the truth it would put a smile on my face & he'd be on my wall european style.
Doe wise I'd say ~ 8 or so.

I'd also be just as happy with a nice pig off my main lease, they eat better anyways.

Quick Reply: Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.