Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread! >

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Old 08-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 18 Thread!

Sorry for the delay fellas. I've been just slammed at work and busy when I get home. I'm here and ready to go as soon as the season rolls around. MN's seasons opens Sept 17th and I'm ready to go. I've got 7 stands hung and my climber ready to go for a couple spots I think look promising. A few us got drawn for an Iowa bow tag, so I have 8 days planned down there from Halloween through early Nov. So fingers crossed. ha, ha As for a team name, I'm not particular to any certain one so whatever you guys think is fine with me.

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Xtec(Pat)

My, during the day, email is [email protected] if anyone wants to get a group email thing rolling at any one time.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Silent, I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of the Pike Co hunt. You must be absolutely psyched
I am pretty stoked but I have been trying to be pessimistic and not get my hopes up to high etc. and then I had to go and call the outfitter the other day and he started telling me about all the big bucks he had been seeing on the property that we arehunting, including one 190+ typical and the additional property that he had picked up that we would be able to hunt if we wanted some different scenery etc. and then I was pretty psyched. I will be there from Nov. 4th - Nov. 11th so I will be hunting 7.5 days and if we have some decent weather it should be the right time to be there. We have a good moon phase for that week so hopefully we get to catch a few days of pre-rut and a few days of prime time. We are going up the 27th of this month to do a little scouting and some filming etc. so I am pretty exicted about that as well. I am not very exited about paying $2.50 a gallon for gas though[:'(]
Old 08-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Pat! It sounds like you have an exciting season coming up. Good luck!!!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do you guys think about names? No one else has offered up anything so I will throw something out there to get the ball rolling. How about Team "mortal danger" or Team "kill zone". I really have no imagination so you all jump in and help here.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure about a name either (although I did suggest "barely legal").

Lets see if we have anything in common we could work with.
Iguess we could start with gear-
I'll go first-
Truck- 2004 Ford Supercrew FX4
4whlr- 2003 prarie 650
Primary bow- Bowtech Patriot
Sights- Vital Bow Gear Pro-slide
Arrows- Beamn ics 340 blacks
Broadheads- phantoms, slick tricks, stingers & sidewinders
Rest- Whisker biscuit deluxe quickshot b2
Quiver- Bohning Lynx-6
Treestand- API & Summit climber, various ladder and tripods

Here's some team names to chew on
TEAM-
Mortal danger,
kill zone,
pass though,
bloody arrow,
crimson trail,
backstrap,
Opec sucks (j/k!).

Guess I should go do some work now......
Old 08-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

What do you guys think about names? No one else has offered up anything so I will throw something out there to get the ball rolling. How about Team "mortal danger" or Team "kill zone". I really have no imagination so you all jump in and help here.
How about "THE HOAGIES"
....since all the deer you guys are gonna get will fit on a sandwich roll...

Old 08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

So far we are 8 out of 10, we still need Dick_Cress and TENNESSEERACKMASTERto check in.
I know Dick_cress has been around this board a while and should chime in sooner or later. I'm not familiar with TENNESSEERACKMASTER hopefully he will chime in soon.

Any name ideas, I see Team Passthrough has been taken.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about "THE HOAGIES"
....since all the deer you guys are gonna get will fit on a sandwich roll
At least we won't go hungry

PS - Dave I like the Crimson Trail.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Hi guys
- Another vote for "Crimson Trail". Later, fsh
Old 08-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

I have really nothing to offer up for names. My brain doesn't seem to work right these days. lol

Hey Silent,

Why did you guys pick that timeframe to go and hunt Ill? The reason I ask is because for our trip to Iowa we went back and forth...back and forth on what the "PRIME" week would be and we just couldn't come to a solid conclusion. We are all hunting on public land and this is a do-it-yourself hunt, so we aren't restricted to when we have to go. We picked Oct 29-Nov 6th. Two years ago when a few of the guy got drawn, they picked the 2nd week of Nov to go and 2-3 days of their 7 day hunt the BIG boys were holed up with hot doe and weren't seen in the timber. Only out in the middle of no where with doe. Then in the ladder half of their hunt, they were seeing big bucks roaming again. We wanted to pick a timeframe so we wouldn't run into this scenario. It's too bad the calendar falls the way it does, because I would love to be down there a couple days later on both ends of the week we picked. I really like your week or the 2-9th or 3-10th. Any of those options I think would be perfect, but with kids, wives and work....we couldn't swing a middle of the week to middle of the week hunt.

Thanks,
Pat

Quick Reply: Official Team Crimson Trail (18) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.