Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Fear This (24) Thread >

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 24 Thread - Fear This

I live in south Champaign County and will be hunting Champaign (private), Piatt (private), Douglas (public), Shelby (public), and Richland (private) counties.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:20 PM

Well after a base hit and a couple of walks I guess i'm up to bat....
Hopefully I can hit a grand slam for you guys. I will be hunting in VT,CT,NY,OH. This should be a fun season. Good luck to all.

G
Old 08-15-2005, 08:42 PM

Deerslayer_37 checking in..I got two shooter bucks on camera already, saw just an absolute buck of a lifetime tonite here in Crawford county.plus i'll be doing some hunting down inGrant county where thers probably 3-6 for sure shooters running around.

Wihunter, richland county is some nice country. My dad's company's been doing alot of cutting over there as of late, alot of good hard maple trees. Saw two nice bucks walking through a patch of timber near Boaz/Richland Center. in fact, i go to the bow shop in Boaz, Gander's Hill country. Heard of them? You guys in any HRZ or CWD zones? we got the HRZ/ EAB down in 73E outside of Boscobel starting after that 4 day rifle season, right in the peak rut[:@]

good luck yall

slayer
Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Fear this ??? What are we suppose to be fearing?? You guys???

Tim
Old 08-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Slayer,
I hunt just west of Rock Bridge. Got 80 acres family owned. Just me and my son (Matt) bow hunt it. This is our 4th season. Matt got a nice 8 point last year.Scored just over 98. I got a broken leg. Are you the guy that put the arrow in your hand? Anyway I do not know of that shop. I go to Pappas Trading Post in Arena. Got the xTec there lastyear for$599when others wanted $719.Jermey is a good guy and he just built a new indoor 40 yard range.
As for EABwe are in theManagement zone. Nice we donot have EAB this year exceptin October. Lastyear we dropped a couple of does opening weekendto earn thetags and based on all the does I am getting on the camera we will be doing that again thisyear too. EAB for us is during the rut.It will be nice to be able to shoot a buck if one comes by that first night though.
What is your Dad's company. The neighbors just north of uswere going to do some logging last year but it did not get done. They are on Shellington Road off of Hwy. D. The guys name is Norm Miller. Has a lot of pines that need thinning. Maybe your Dad is the one that was going to do that. If so that would becool to know.
Good luck to you this season. I know there are some real nice bucks in Grant county. Never hunted Crawford but I have heard good things from there too.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM

huntinMN checking in. Been looking forword to this again since last season ended. I will be hunting in MN and WI this season. I have been told that there have been 5 nice bucks spotted on the property in WI that I hunt, should be heading over that way this coming weekend to check things out for myself. Should be good there again this years because I have access to 150 acres of private land that nobody but me hunts.
Good luck to all of team 24 members and be safe out there.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Big G

Well after a base hit and a couple of walks I guess i'm up to bat....
Hopefully I can hit a grand slam for you guys. I will be hunting in VT,CT,NY,OH. This should be a fun season. Good luck to all.

G
Where in Vermont are you hunting? I will be just south of Rutland this year for a bit, and possibly up in Chittendon as well.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what about a name for the team guys?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hazcon...you were on my team last year...right?

Well good luck to you and your whole team!!
Old 08-17-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

IBM - Yeah ILNYPAKY-EH All the way Thanks for the kind words! Good Luck to you too!

Lets start thinking about a name, logo, and captain guys. Lets hear some suggestions.

Quick Reply: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.