Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Sometimes I think they are that smart!!!
We should be able to have my son setup and shooting Saturday afternoon. He will come home from schooland shoot10 to 30 arrows each evening all next week. I might shoot the bow some to get the string stretched out. Depending on how he does he should be ready in 2 weeks.
Congratulations to your son on making the A team. Tellmama not to worry thats why a goalie gets to wear all that equipment[8D]
Old 09-19-2005, 06:23 PM

Hey little indian, if I come down there, will you give me until the following weekend to take him.Take that buck and then tell you brother in law that this must be a different 140.

Good news about the bow SIDEWAYS. I'm guessing you have until the end of December for your season so still plenty of time left.

Congrats Jason. That is something to be proud of. The main thing is if he's having fun and is making friends. But being MVP is pretty sweet too. I used to be a goalie when I played in a youth league in Iowa where I grew up. We played a mini-game in between periods sometimes during United States Hockey League games and I let three goals go one time. I had to ask my dad what "siv" meant afterward because this jerk was yelling it at me constantly in the stands.

I won't get to head out again til this weekend but good luck to everyone else who is before then.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys,
Check out the thread "Winning Team Prize" on this forum.
Hazcon7 has a great idea!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

That is a fantastic idea.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,how has everyone been?
Hows the hunting going for you lucky ones?
I just got home from the shop about 1/2 hour ago with my new suit in hand.Its the Whitewater 3D leafy suit with real tree hardwoods camo.It has the supprescent liner in it with a built in face mask with the supprescent also.The arms have a built in material that will wrap around either arm for shooting bow more comfortably.This suit will be awsome during early and late season hunts .All I have to do is layer my warm fleece under it when the temps drop.It also has the Windstopper in the carbon liner.
I was out last nite again as well shooting with my buds.I was using my Wasp Boss heads and consistently hitting a 3 inch circle at 20-30 yards.I am very happy with the way the bow is shooting.All I need now are some new broadheads and I,m good to go----I think.
SIDEWAYS---I did notice Hazcons offer to the winning team.It would be a great idea.I would love to see all our bucks with a little extra footage on a DVD---when we win the contest of course.I may even get one if we dont win.I think it would be a great keepsake of 2005 bowhunting contest.Hazcon was on my team last year(ILNYPAKY-EH)he is a great guy.I am sure he said all the deer entered will be on the DVD?
Anyways,working early in the morn .Good luck guys and lets get one on the board
Jason
Old 09-23-2005, 07:33 PM

Hey guys. Went out tonight around 4:30 and tried to stalk a doe with her fawns on the way to the stand but they saw me within about 40 yards and bolted. Thought I would try a friend's decoy. Don't think it spooked anything I saw tonight but not sure any deer even saw it as I am in the thick woods.

I saw 3 does with 4 fawns that circled the stand area - never closer than about 50 yards. Seemed a little cautious but I don't think they saw or even sensed me. Tried a few soft bleats when they were hundred yards away or so to see if they would stop or come back to check things out but didn't work.

Our place is right next to a state park and only a couple of hundred yards from a county campground. The few campers there were kind of loud every now and then tonight so that could have been it. Camping closes Oct. 1 so that will make things a lot quieter in the evenings.

Other than that. Lots of racoons and squirrels to keep me company. At least I'm getting a firsthand feeling for how the deer move.

How is everyone else doing - hunting and otherwise?
Old 09-23-2005, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: chucker34

I saw 3 does with 4 fawns that circled the stand area - never closer than about 50 yards. Seemed a little cautious but I don't think they saw or even sensed me. Tried a few soft bleats when they were hundred yards away or so to see if they would stop or come back to check things out but didn't work.
Lol guess the mail men wont be delivering since the deer know he's there.Thought I would bring a lil smack in with me.
No seriously good luck to you all.I want any team even if it isnt mine to beat the champs.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:35 AM

Bring all the smack you want Illinois Bowhuntin. Just know that we'll remember it for when we win. This was my second outing bowhunting ever. So I'd better not talk too much yet. Anyway, what part of Illinois are you from. I grew up in East Dubuque, IL and Dubuque, IA area.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:03 AM

I am in Southern illinois now.I lived in moline for about 10 years.I have a friend who grew up in Dubuque.His name is Ryan Kemp.Depending on how old you are you may know him or his family.I cant remember his younger brothers name.But Ryan went on to play tight end in kansas and his brother played college ball for Augstana college in Davenport Iowa.
Since there is a good chance the deer know you may be there I woul set up downwind about 75 yards and let them walk by again.did they walk by down wind to begin with when you were o stand?If so then set up so they wont wind you so easily.You will get one of them.Worst case if they keep using that trail then I would definately set up down wind from it so when the rut rolls around you will be in the right place for the bucks to be traveling just down wind from the does main travel route.Good luck.I have been thinking about trying out my luck in Mn.My folks live in Eden Prairie just west of the Twin Cities.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

hello all, sorry i have not been around, just got back from Texas (Austin) as my sister got married on Thursday.
Looks like a couple of people have gotten into the woods but no luck. I should be able to get out a couple of afternoons next week.
Good Luck all

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.