HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 07:33 PM
chucker34

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Hey guys. Went out tonight around 4:30 and tried to stalk a doe with her fawns on the way to the stand but they saw me within about 40 yards and bolted. Thought I would try a friend's decoy. Don't think it spooked anything I saw tonight but not sure any deer even saw it as I am in the thick woods.

I saw 3 does with 4 fawns that circled the stand area - never closer than about 50 yards. Seemed a little cautious but I don't think they saw or even sensed me. Tried a few soft bleats when they were hundred yards away or so to see if they would stop or come back to check things out but didn't work.

Our place is right next to a state park and only a couple of hundred yards from a county campground. The few campers there were kind of loud every now and then tonight so that could have been it. Camping closes Oct. 1 so that will make things a lot quieter in the evenings.

Other than that. Lots of racoons and squirrels to keep me company. At least I'm getting a firsthand feeling for how the deer move.

How is everyone else doing - hunting and otherwise?