Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:06 AM

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Hey! That sounds pretty cool Extreme. Take some pictures and show us what the stand looks like. Is your son old enough to hunt yet? Is he excited about the season and going hunting with his Dad regardless?

Sideways, thanks for bumping. What's the weather like there the first month or so of the season usually? Many mosquitos?

Did a little scouting this morning while pulling the trash down the end of our driveway/dirt road. Saw four does in the woods and when I came to the end and unloaded the trash, saw what I thought was buck about 150 yards across an alfalfa field. Got in the car and slowly drove down another dirt road by the field and came across him - about 30 feet from the road. Didn't want to spook him too much but slowed down enough to see he was 8 points and still with velvet. Encouraging as I have not seen a buck near our property all Summer. They usually start showing up in late October, however, as we usually have plenty of does all year.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like our team is leading in the number of posts made.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

chucker, yes hot and bugs galore.
I can deal with the heat, its the bugs that drive me crazy
Old 08-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Evening gentlemen.
Chuck---my son is 10,he goes hunting with me a quite a bit,he absolutely loves it.He gets bored easy though,but dosnt every 10 year old boy---lol.
Thats another reason I put all the cedar on the stand,he gets figiting and moving around alot.This way he is camoed by the stand if he stays sitting.Only thing is the noise,but should be fine.
I will try to take some pics of the stand and the general area I am hunting this weekend and give everyone a feel for where Im hunting.

Good to see everyone posting a bit more now,everyone must be getting pumped now.I am suprised we havent heard from a few of our members in a while.Must be busy working,scouting and hanging stands when time permits.
Looking forward to hearing from Antler Eater when he returns from his elk hunt.
Anyways guys,its a long week,take care and looking forward to being back on tomorrow night----keep us near the top where we belong
Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: little indian

That’s because you slickers spend too much time on the pc! I’ve seen teams like this in the past. Keep posting girls keep posting.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Seems as though Mantis spends even more time than we do....
Sounds like someone needs to get a hobby...perhaps hunting...we could give you lessons for a reasonable price - though you will need alot of them.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, Mantis here's the only way you are going to get a decent rack:
http://www.antlersunlimited.com/whitetail_r.shtml
Old 08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Best I can tell the "girls" get the "guys". Even other teams want in on our "secret".
ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer

ORIGINAL: little indian

That’s because you slickers spend too much time on the pc! I’ve seen teams like this in the past. Keep posting girls keep posting.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO-----let him have it boysI think he just came in here to learn a little something.Or maybe bored.Maybe spending to much time with his own team and decided to come over to the winning side.Poor Mantis---maybe next year you will be on our team

Well one night to go with my guys hockey school.He is doing awesome,learning alot as well from the goalie coach.He is getting pretty quick with his trapper I must add.I am real proud of him.Pizza tomorrow night for all the players,I just might sneak a peace as well when they are not looking
I think I am going to call the shop up tonight and see if my suit is in yet.
I am heading out Saturday morn with my bud to hang another stand,will try to remember my camera.
Take care
Jason
Old 09-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

we were pushed back to page 2.
bump to front and center, where we belong!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.