Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

QUESTIONS

Old 07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QUESTIONS

Double Creek

If mid west bucks are easy to kill and you saw 5... why didn't you kill one with bow?? Apparently it wasn't so easy or you weren't in the right spot for a big one. I didn't see too many illinios bucks killed in the contest, yet there was a few guys from that state in the contest who are good hunters. Killing any buck that walks by is not to hard in most states that have good deer populations which many states that are not mid west have. Killing a big one in any state is still a challenge. Luck plays a big part for mostbowhunters on top of that.

I have nothing against guided hunts or that they should be illegal for the contest. I just don't see how you can compare them to someone huntingmid west bucks when they are indeed different. Unlike guided hunts... access to good hunting landand competition from other huntersis a major factor. That alone makes taking a buck a challenge especially if you are holding out for a bigger buck.

Anyways, goodluck this year in the contest. What ever they decide... the contest is still just for fun. I hope it stays that way.

Tim
Old 07-15-2005, 11:53 AM

Maybe you should re-read my post....... Here's a hint, I was being sarcastic.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do you guys think ought to be done about hunters who have leases in the same states that are outfitted out of so popularly?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I think outfitted hunts should be allowed. We don't want to start segregating amongst ourselves. We all need to stick together as hunters. We have enough problems with the antis segregating for us. We all put time in the woods, we all hone our skills, we all invest money into the sport and we all have to make the shot. Wether you pay to hunt on land or I hunt in my back yard should make no difference. IMHO
Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Let's set the record straight, I have no intention on going on a guided hunt this year and although I have guided in the past and guided hunt harvests last year made no difference in the results of the contest and that guided hunts are no garuantee of success and is considered fair chase,

All legally taken bucks with exception of penned animals will be allowed in this particular contest....no vote necessary as this will be ran as it was last year with real good results.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Double Creek

Must admit, I did read it wrong. Got the sarcastic part this time and glad you weren't serious about it. Have heard too many times how easy it is hunting midwest bucks compared to other states. That one alwayserks me a little.

Tim