HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Problem is.... I have to much property.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Problem is.... I have to much property.

Here we do not have much in line of corn and soybeans growing. We do have miles and miles of wooded areas, with a scattered deer population. I preffer to hunt around the hardwoods and mostly after a lite rain. Deer here like to travel around the edges of cedar swamps, or thick fur trees before entering the hardwoods. Looking for them around these types of areas should help you out. For as far as funnels you would be hard pressed to find them here. Deer just wander where ever they want as it is not a consintrated population. They just keep moving around in different areas. The hardwoods though they will wander through in the middle of they day if there is no pressure. Also in the summer months look around swamp land with a lot of ferns growing and you should see signs from the does there. For as far as finding funnels check around a stream as deer here normally like to cross them at the same place over and over. Good Luck.