HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What rifle to get!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 08:13 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What rifle to get!!!!!!!

My wife has taught me to be practical. This being the case I have gone to buying just Remington ADL synthetics. They are chambered in a lot of calibers and they sell for 379-399.00 where I live. Same action as the other 700 Rems. I have just lately got a 257 Roberts and a 22-250. I am still going to pick up a 223 in the same gun for my wife as I have tons of reloading stuff for 223. I love the Savage rifles for the way they shoot but the triggers are just awful. I have a Savage in 260 Remington. Shoots like a dream but the trigger is a nightmare. It is going to the gunsmith for a new Timney trigger. I have a 6.5x55 Swede with a timney trigger. It don,t get no better than that. A feiend of mine borrowed my 260 and took a real nice 5x5 bull Elk with it He used one of my reloads for it. 140 Grain Barnes X bullet. It broke both front shoulders and exited. Still there is very little recoil in the 260. It comes in the model 7 and the ruger light wt. as well. If you still have room for another gun thats all the reason you need to get one.