HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Place your Shot
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM
jake smith09

Default RE: Place your Shot

I shot my doe in the head this year on accident and i felt really bad. I was hitting a waterbottle at 100 yards with my 12 gauge slugs the night before i went out. I got up and went out in the feild, 8:15 rolls around and here comes a few does, last day of season, though i would take her. By the way she was a 180 pound beast. Just huge. but anyway, i shot once...missed, shot again...missed, shot again...missed. I didnt know what was wrong. I reloaded and sat on the ground for better braceing. Shot...missed. the last time when i shot she dropped, I waited a couple of minutes and walked to her slowly because i could'nt see her till i got right on top of her so i walked slowly. I got about 10 feet away and she started kicking. I aimed to shoot her again and she let out one gasp of air and stoped moving. It was horrible!!! I felt so bad. I examined her to see where i shot her and i hit her on the bridge of her nose on accident. I was aiming at her vitals!!! I must have bumped the sights or something because it shouldnt have been off that horrible. Well i try to think positive so at least i didnt ruin any meat and let me tell you what she sure tasted good.