HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What shotgun should I get?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:34 PM
younggun308
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What shotgun should I get?

ORIGINAL: rugerno1

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!! You need to get a gun now, so you can be extremely proficient with it when the quail have propagated! Go shoot trap, skeet, sporting clays & 5 stand. Find a place & take preserve. Don't put yourself through the torment of waiting to purchase & enjoy. Hell, by the time you are hunting native quail, you could be purchasing your 3rd or 4th shotgun. Whew, that was close. Glad I could help.
Thanks, I see the point of getting a shotgun earlier, but I've seen decided that I don't need a really expensive shotgun, 'cause a shotgun is just a shotgun. Now, rifles, are another story, there's alot more involved, like the action, rifleing, etc....

I think a 870 or BPS would be my top choices. I'd have to be blackcomposite, IMO, since I'll also want to hun turkey with it.

I would still not mind getting an auto-loader, and if that Franchi I-12 works, that would be something to look at.

It might just be a better idea just to get a pump for now, soIdon't just open up on the birds. It still would work okay, I would think, especially if I were to hunt doves, but to hunt small birds, a guy needs accuracy, not rapid fire.